Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

M's field trip to Bobby Dazzler's Pumpkin Patch

Thursday morning we went on a field trip to Bobby Dazzler's Pumpkin Patch in Davis with M's school. Luckily, Brian and I were both off so we offered to take 2 more kids with us in our car. (I never would have attempted that if Brian weren't off) They only needed us to drive one other child so M's close friend, Maxi rode with us and M was sure excited about it all week. The weather was beautiful... a little too warm (in the 80's that day) I know everyone is probably sick of pumpkin pictures from my recent post but I couldn't resist these.


A group shot of the kids (only 2 of the classrooms went). Click on the picture to see M's cute smile. Is the sky beautiful or what? No photo editing here.


They giggled and laughed the entire way there and back. They talked about where they lived and played with M's Optimus Prime Transformer. He couldn't wait to show him. Here's a shot just as we're pulling out of the parking lot (I took this without even looking... no I wasn't driving!)
2 Happy Boys


Maxi's pulling him in the wagon and he's cracking up. K followed them everywhere.


Through the "corn" maze. Some of the groups couldn't get out and had to be rescued.


K carrying a heavy one to the wagon. I love this picture.

M's been really into this bug book that was given to me by a friend but I think maybe we should think about not reading it for a while. The book talks about Bed Bugs and I explained them (without thinking) to him. Well, I told them they only live in dirty sheets. Now, every night before bed, he'll ask me if his sheets are clean. Then he'll say, "are you sure." And then, this morning while driving him to school he asked me if there would be any puddles today. I told him no, that it hasn't been raining but the rain should come soon (assuming he wanted to splash in them). Then he said he didn't want there to be puddles because then there would be "blood sucking bugs" there. I said, "what". Then he said, "leeches, mom." I think we'll lay off the bug book for a while.

K's doing well. We've gotten her to nap again by putting the pack-n-play in the scrapbooking room. I was a little afraid to do it because I didn't want her to not want to sleep in her bed at night but we haven't had any of that. Nap-time only. She is way to big but she absolutely loves it. She walks right up to it and says, "my bed!!" I even had to wake her up today. It's glorious! She (and I) are a lot less crabby in the afternoon and it gives me time to spend alone with M. She's been talking forever but now she speaks perfectly and in complete sentences. She's amazing. Potty training is not going well. I'll sit her on the potty and right away she says, "all done." When I try to get her to stay she gives me the ol', "I don't want too, Mommy." She's not even trying. I missed my window a few months ago when she enjoyed sitting on the potty. I don't even stress about it, frankly I'm a little lazy about working on it. Maybe it's because she's my last one and it doesn't really bother me too badly to change a diaper. I know she won't be 5 years old and still in diapers!

Work is going well. I went on a ride with Consumnes Fire - Station 73 as part of my certification for my MICN. Let me just say, I went into the wrong field! I know Brian secretly wanted us to run our butts off but most of the day was spent chilling out in the recliner, watching movies with the guys and catching up on my reading. It was a lot of fun, the guys were great. The biggest excitement of the day was riding in the back of the ambulance while it was driving Code 3 (lights and sirens) to a car accident. It was a long response time too ... about 15 minutes I'd say and then right when we almost got there, we got cancelled. Man, that was scary! The medic that was driving was going so fast and just burning through intersections (passing on the left). I was white-knuckled and honestly closed my eyes a few times. I also realized that people are just dumb!! When an ambulance comes up behind them, half of them either don't move over and just continue, pull to the left (which is wrong) or just freeze altogether. We only transported one patient but it was still so much fun, I'd like to do it again.

That's all for now.
Melissa

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I know these pictures are a bit old however we are trying to find pictures of people at our patch and use them on the site. Would you be willing to let me use these on the Bobby Dazzler's Pumpkin Patch site?

www.yourpumpkins.com

If so please email me at ThePatch@yourpumpkins.com


Thank you
Ashley
Bobby Dazzler's Pumpkin Patch
530-867-4167