Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Gold Country Camping - Part 1 of 2

We went camping last year during Spring Break and had such a good time, we decided to go again this year.  Click for my blog posts from last year.  Part 1 and here for Part 2.  I'm posting tons of pictures.


I love this picture of the kids together standing in the doorway of our tent trailer.  They embraced each other on their own.  No nagging required.


 Brian asked me to take some pictures of Roscoe.  He's getting older, he is 9 years old now.  He was such a good boy while camping.  He was off leash almost the entire time and never ran away.  That's unheard of for him.


Roscoe, eagerly waiting for some droppings.


Fast asleep.  Many times during our camping trip, Roscoe would go and stand by the door of the trailer, waiting to get in.  He's too good to sleep on the ground, I guess.


Hanging out together.  We love the family bonding that takes place on our camping trips.  I'm sure the kids will have many fond memories.  We love to cook s'mores over the campfire at night and sometimes in the morning, we wrap bisquits around a larger stick and cook those too.  We slide them off the branches and fill them with butter and jelly or honey.  Yum.


Modern day camping ... with movies.  On our second night, we had a very impressive thunderstorm.  Wow.  It started while we were eating our dinner (outside) around 7 pm and lasted all night.  It rained into the morning hours also so the kids watched movies in bed.  During the storm, we got in the truck and drove down to get hot cocoa.  We tried to show the kids the lightning but they missed it every time.  The thunder and hard rain woke Brian and I up through the night but our tent trailer is so cozy, it didn't bother us a bit.  Of course Kyla (who's deathly afraid of the rain at night at home) slept right through it all!  Stinker.


She's cute.


The kids have been talking for the past year about how cool the Black Chasm Cavern was, we went on the tour again.


Black Chasm.


Mason picked up the very heavy piece of Calcium rock??  I think that's what it was.  I'm sure Brian will correct me.


I tried to take a lot of pictures of Brian with the kids, I don't have as many as I'd like.



Kyla puckered up for her dad.


A cute picture of Kyla.  I can't believe how large Brian's hand looks in this photo.


I'm telling your mom!!  I guess he got tired of me taking pictures.


Fools Gold.

No comments: