Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Itchy-Scratchy

Note to self ... don't make a hat for your little one out of WOOL yarn.  Duh.  M picked out the yarn the other day and I made him a hat using my Knifty Knitter.  I've been thinking about taking a knitting class for a few months and still may but Mona (Brian's cousin) told me about the Knifty Knitter and I couldn't wait to try it.  It's such a cool gadget.  Now, both kids want scarves and Brian wants a hat.  Made me feel so domesticated to make something for M that he could actually wear (providing it wasn't so itchy).  I can't wait to start on another project - no wool this time.


It's a little bit big.  You have to cut me some slack ... this was my first one.  By the way, I didn't like the color M chose, but do you think I could talk him out of it?  It just so happens that after we bought this yarn, he got a new jacket (on clearance - from $59 to $25) and it had this color in it also.




M itching - about 3 seconds after he tried the hat on.  Bummer.  Will have to buy more yarn and try it again.




The Knifty Knitter.  The kit I got came with 4 looms.

No comments: