Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

All About M

M had a fun-filled day last Friday. He had a Christmas Program at school that morning, followed by a party at school. All of the Kindergarten Classes sang along to a live band. It was so cute. M sang a little but appeared to be daydreaming for most of the last 2 songs!! I wish Brian could have been there but it was at 8:10 am and he just couldn't get off of work. They sang 5 songs and then the principal came up to give out some awards. M was called up and given a certificate for perfect attendance in the first trimester. He looked so surprised and proud.



See my little angel? Can you spot him?





His school party lasted until school got out at 12:30 pm. K and I stayed for the entire party (I helped put it together). The kids participated in a gift exchange. M's having a tough time deciding which gift he wants to pick in this picture.





The kids opened their gifts at the same time. It took about 10 seconds!! Seeing all of their smiles as they opened them made my day.




They also decorated Gingerbread Cookies.




And had lunch .... with LOTS of sugar. K was sitting quietly and not eating ANY of the food on her plate. I asked her why and she said, "I'm just waiting for the cupcakes!" Stinker.




M made a special ornament for us at school and couldn't wait to show me.




He also couldn't wait to go through off of the goodies junk food he got from the party.



M's friend from school that lives down the street came over that evening at about 4:30 pm.  I watched him while his parents went to a party.  They were so crazy.  M kept saying, "Sound the alarm" and then all 3 kids would scream at the top of their lungs.  I let it go for a while and then told them they had to scream in the playroom with the door closed.  I have to admit ... they made me laugh a lot.  We did Play-Doh (I was brave) and they made a mess all over the floor ... I finally got it all picked up and put it away and they asked me to get it all out again 30 minutes later!!  I didn't ... it was 7:30 at night.  We had pizza and they watched a little bit of the Polar Express but the other little boy (our neighbor) said it was "freakin' him out" so he didn't watch much.  I set up the airbed in the guest room for the boys and was worried that bedtime would be a challenge.  We read a few books, I put them to bed and then heard them whispering in for about 10 minutes, went in again and they were sound asleep.  They were so giggly and happy.  The only way I could get K not to sleep with them was to allow her to sleep with in my bed (Brian was at work).  I'd definitely have him over again.  It was fun.

No comments: