Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

We celebrated Christmas last week in Coalinga with my family.  Brian's family is coming up on January 2nd to celebrate.  The kids were crazy excited and must have asked 50 times when it would be time to open the presents.  Our Christmas Eve was on the 25th and Christmas Day was the 26th.  It's not Christmas without Daddy and he had to work.  Shift-work can be a real bummer.  Eeeh, we're lucky we still have good jobs, right?

I took this the morning of Christmas Eve.  The kids love my moms little dogs.  Each time K wants love from my mom, she'll say "I want to be Molly (her dog) OK?"  She'll hop up on my Mom's lap and love on my mom like crazy ... but only if she's Molly.  If you ask her to be K, no way.  Strange I know.  I love the last photo in this collage.  Molly is a licker ... just look at that tongue.  Eeeew.




My mom always makes meatballs on Christmas Eve ... K helped her this year.  She cracked the eggs, crumbled up the crackers and even rolled about 25 of them into balls.




The kids were so excited, we let them open 1 gift right when we got to my sister's house.  Here they are opening their first ones.




A few random snaps.  I made that scarf for Lacie with my Knifty Knitter.




Believe it or not, M was the most excited about the Bendaroos (the entire night).  Here are some funny shots of him saying, "Oh yeah, oh yeah!!"  He also liked the Bakugan 7 in 1 a lot.




K liked them all.  While she was opening a gift she yelled out, "This is my best Christmas ever!!!"  It was just precious.  What a fun age.




Bottom left ... the umbrellas my mom got the kids was a huge hit also.  They couldn't wait to go outside and try them out.




CHRISTMAS MORNING.



Santa brought the kids head-lamps in their stockings.  They had a lot of fun with them.




Love em'.




Santa brought M a whole bunch of Star Wars stuff.  He got a Luke Skywalker Lego Watch, Darth Sidious, a huge Lego Star Wars Book (his fave - he looks at it ALL THE TIME), a green light-saber, a Star Wars Model and stocking stuffers.  Top-middle picture - M is holding Darth Sidious and Luke.  All smiles.

Santa brought K the Barbie Veterinarian Set and a Zhu-Zhu Pet.  All she wanted for Christmas was the "Animal Doctor" toy.  She loves it and takes care of all of her animals on it.  I love the bottom-right picture.  She's looking in "Puppy-Doggies" ears.  She also got lots of good stocking stuffers.  Mom and Dad were angry because they didn't wake us up until they had already looked at their stuff so we didn't get to see their reaction.  It made me sad.  They woke us up at 5:45 am!








K said this morning, "I've been dreaming and dreaming of Christmas but it just won't come again."  We keep explaining that it's only once a year but she won't listen.

Well, I'm a little bummed that Christmas is over and dreading putting all these decorations away.  I love this time of year, it seems like it gets more fun each year.  I am truly blessed. 

No comments: