Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Tree Hunting


After M got out of school on Thursday we went to Apple Hill to get our Christmas tree.  We've been going to the Smart's Christmas Tree Farm for years because they always have beautiful trees to choose from and we love it up there.  This year we got a 14' White Fir for $60.  Not bad.  It's a tradition and I love traditions.  We go have apple donuts after we get our tree but because we had to go after M got out of school we barely had time to run in and grab some for the road because everything was closing.  Schools a real bummer for those of us that do shift work, you know?  Brian didn't bother cutting it down this year ... the man came around with a chainsaw and down it went.  M loved carrying the saw.  It was so dull, I think I could have chewed through the tree better with my teeth!!

We set the tree up when we got hope but didn't plan on decorating it until Friday after school.  It would have been too long of a day.


The best picture I could get of the two of them together.  He didn't even want to stand by her.  Stinker.




Brian took a great one.  I LOVE IT.  Of course, I could always find something wrong with myself but I'm trying to be better about that.  It's about the memories, right?  (I know this is my new header but if I don't put it in here it won't make it into my book at the end of the year).




She has been so sweet lately.  She told be at least 20 times that she loved me today.  "I sure do love you, Mom."




Brian gets some love too.  M isn't in very many pictures because he wasn't having it.  He was grouchy and tired from his long day at school.




M and his weapon.



The kids wanted this one!!  M's trying to cut it down.




Playing chase ... they loved running through the leaves.




Here it is.  The guy put M and K's name on the tag so they were so excited.




Helping Dad get it into the truck.  No help from me ... I wouldn't miss the photo op.



We've had so much fun with our elf, Sigmund.  They can't wait to find him every morning.  Of course, it's a competition as to who can find it first and M always does.  I'm trying to remember to have K come down earlier (she wakes up first) so she can have a chance to find it on her own.  Well, the other day Sigmund fell on the floor and I put him back on the shelf.  I was trying to do it quickly, before K saw me but she caught me in the act.  She said, "you aren't supposed to touch him!!!"  I had to explain that Moms or Dads can touch the elf if he is in danger and I was aftraid Roscoe would eat him.  Of course, when M got home, K ratted me out.  She said, "M, Mom touched the elf today!!  He said, "You're not supposed to touch him!!!!"  I explained the situation and he was okay.  A few minutes later he came over to me and whispered, "What did he feel like, Mom?"  The kids were worried that he may have lost his magic (because I touched him) but Sigmund reported to Santa and came back to another place the next morning.  I've caught K telling Sigmund what she wants for Christmas a few times.

K's been really funny too.  She tells M repeatedly that Santa and Sigmund are watching.  After eating lunch the other day, she said she was saving some of her sandwich for the reindeer.  She was just about in tears this morning when she couldn't open the presents under the tree.  I wrapped some last night. 

M talks about the Grinch often.  Just about every night before bed, he cracks a joke about the Grinch coming in and taking all of my presents from under the tree.  We go back and forth ... I say that I'll only let him take his.  He's been fun lately.  They both have been helping me wrap gifts.  Lets hope they don't tell everyone what they're getting. 

Oh my, M sure can be a charmer.  He just said, "All I want for Christmas is you, Mom."  I don't know if he just heard the song or what but it definitely made me feel good.  He was a good boy for me this weekend.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

LOVE the pictures!!! Especially of you and the kids - so cute!