Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tooth Fairy

M lost his first tooth on Saturday (the 7th).  It had been loose for about a week and the dentist told him to wiggle it a lot because his new tooth was already coming in.  Well, Saturday morning M was yelling for me while I was in the bathroom.  He kept saying ... "Hurry, it's really important!!"  When I came out he had the biggest smile on his face and showed me his tooth.  Here are a few pictures of M getting his tooth ready for the fairy.


His mean face shows off the missing tooth the best.  By the way ... I know M's hair is looking a mess but he has been begging me not to cut it.  Not sure why.  We're cutting it anyway in a few days.




How do you spell tooth fairy, Mom?




Sealing the envelope.




Ready for the fairy.




He did a good job writing her name.




Putting his tooth under his pillow.



Well the Tooth Fairy was generous and left him $10.  He came into my room holding the bill and said she left him $1.  Boy was he excited when I showed him that it was a $10 bill.  After a few minutes he went running downstairs (to look outside).  A little in the morning he looked at me and said, "The Tooth Fairy is fake ... there isn't any fairy dust outside or anything!!   And, I want my balloons!!"  Remember when the pacifier fairy came for K, she left fairy dust and a balloon bouquet on the front porch.  I explained to him that the Tooth Fairy was much busier than the Fie Fairy because look at how many teeth kids lose.  He bought it but was a little disappointed. 

He lost another tooth on Sunday (middle lower) and the Tooth Fairy left him $5.  He wrote "Toof Fairy" on that envelope.  I keep calling him a Jack-O-Lantern and asking him if I can put a candle in his mouth.  He just giggles. 

On Friday after school we are meeting my Mom half-way to drop the kids off.  She offered to watch them for the weekend.  Brian and I are going to San Francisco for the night.  We'll spend some time there on Saturday and come home that evening.  We may go to 2nd Saturday in Sacramento when we get back.

No comments: