Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sooo busy.

Haven't had time to blog lately.  Brian and I were in San Francisco last weekend and since we got back it's been go, go, go.  I am trying to pack the kids to go camping with Brian and I am flying out to Las Vegas tomorrow to spend the weekend with my sister and brother-n-law.  He has a softball tournament there.  I am so excited.  We had a great time in San Francisco.  We waited until last minute and were able to stay at The Hilton in Union Square for $100 per night (plus parking) - Priceline.  The room was amazing and in an awesome location.  We were able to just hang out together and catch up.

Time to brag.  M got his first report card on Monday.  I am so proud of him.  He got all "3's" which is proficient and in social skills and work habits he got all "O's" which is outstanding.  He can write numbers 1 - 30 (only supposed to be able to write to 10 for 1st trimester).  He can orally count to 110, knows all his letters (duh), knows all the concepts about print, meets standards for measurement and geometry, can place data on a given graph and identifies patterns.

Here's what Mrs. Heu said.  "M is a kind and responsible student.  He is very independent and often completes assignments with minimal assistance.  Continue to work on writing sentences at home.  Keep up the great work!"  That's my boy.

School picture.  Before he lost 2 teeth.  Cute, huh? 




K had pictures at preschool also.  They turned out so cute.




Can't decide which one I like more.




A self portrait before our night out in San Francisco.  It was so nice to be away.




M has decided that he wants to be a paleontologist instead of a firefighter now.  He loves the show on PBS called Dinosaur Train.  Here's a conversation M and K had in the car last night.

M - "Hey K, when I'm a paleontologist, I will let you look at my fossils."

K - "M, I'm going to be too busy being an animal doctor!!"

M - "No K, really ... I will let you look at my fossils, and you too Mom."

K - "I said I'm going to be toooooo busy!!"


And this went back and forth OVER and OVER.  They argue about everything!
Well I better start packing and I need to make brownies for M's Fall Party tomorrow. 

No comments: