Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Miscellaneous Jabber

 The big news about M ..... he has 2 loose teeth!!   front lower teeth.  While at my Mom's house last weekend, I noticed his teeth looked a little crooked or bucky.  When I investigated, I saw that he has 2 new teeth already coming in behind the loose ones.  He thought I was crazy when I became so excited and told him he had a loose tooth.  I don't know why we've never talked about it.  He got a good giggle when I told him it would be so much easier to drink out of a straw when they fall out.  I'll post pictures when it happens.  Both kids have dentist appointments tomorrow.
AND ... he finished his 1st grade sight words on Monday!!  Can you believe it?  So he knows 96 words now. 

M funny - While in Coalinga, I walked the kids over to my sisters house while wearing my Moms bath robe.  She wears that thing everywhere!!  Anyways ... he looked at me and said, "You look like Granny but she's OLD ..... (pause) .... but you're just MEDIUM!!"  Cracked me up so much.  Stinker. 

K story - I left "Puppy-Doggy" (one of the dogs K sleeps with every night) at my Mom's house.  I realized it at bedtime on Sunday night.  It was a bit rough ... lots of tears and whining but I convinced her to sleep with her Care Bear.  I explained to her that Granny would send him in the mail and we would check the mailbox often to see if he's there.  Well, we checked this morning and he wasn't there.  She began sobbing ... Brian heard it from down the street.  Off we went to Target and I was being silly and singing to her but making up my own words to songs.  Instead of "You are my sunshine" it was I love you K, I love you K, you make me happy and are my best friend ... blah, blah, blah.  I can't remember exactly.  Well then she began belting out, "I love you Puppy-Doggy, I love you Puppy-Doggy ... you are coming in the mail ... so I can sleep with you ... because I love you so much."  I don't remember the rest but it was adorable.  I wish I would have had a video camera for sure.  Priceless.  We checked again this afternoon and there he was.  She almost broke into tears with happiness and kept screaming, "He's here, he's here, he's here ... I can't believe it!!"  It was so cute. 

They sure enjoyed Trick-Or-Treating and ran from house-to-house for the first few houses.  After each house, K screamed, "I got MORE candy."  M had fun but because we had such a long day got tired and wanted to go home after about 20 houses (we had walked a while though).  I was surprised.  Both kids were great the entire night.  I had fun. 

Well, off to watch Criminal Minds with Brian.  It's too scarry to watch alone.

No comments: