Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Minden, NV with Brian's family.  Great food and great company.  The kids were good also ... it just gets easier every year.  I am most thankful for the health of my family and friends.  M goes back to school in the morning.

Well, I have been busy ... with having fun.  For the last 3 weekends in a row, I was able to get away.  1st the weekend in San Fran with Brian, then Las Vegas with my sister (would you believe not a single picture) and Brian and I left for Reno right after we celebrated Thanksgiving and came home on Saturday.  I've had a blast but definitely missed the kids. 

Brian and I woke up at 2:45 am and headed out to Toys R' Us on Black Friday.  Had a great time and saved lots of money.  Even Brian (who hates to shop) said he enjoyed it.  We got everything we set out to get and it was very organized and safe.  The lines moved really quick.  We went to 4 places and were done by 7:00 am.  We headed back to the room but neither of us could sleep!  We laid around for a while and then went out to lunch and to the movies.  We saw Blindside which was excellent by the way.  It snowed that evening in Reno and we were both tired so we found a cool sports bar ... had a casual dinner and went to the room.  Can you believe I spent 2 nights in Reno and didn't gamble at all?  I can't!!  We were up early on Saturday to get home.  I can't thank Brian's parents, my mom and sister enough for giving us this desperately needed break.

M made me so proud the other day.  He found a small jar in the my scrapbook room and said he wanted to collect money to buy toys for kids that didn't have any money.  He scavenged the house looking for loose change but then really surprised me by emptying his piggy bank (even putting a few dollars in there).  Is he a good boy or what?  K started a jar also.

While walking by Walmart today, M picked up 2 flyers that were on the ground and put them in the garbage and then made a comment about littering.  Another proud moment. 


Once we get the jars full, we'll go and buy toys to drop off at Toys 4 Tots. 







For the last few mornings, when K comes into my room, she'll say, "I sure do love you, Mom."  She also says it very frequently during the day.  I'm truly blessed.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I love those proud moments - makes being a Mom so special!