Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 5

Well, my sister has been doing the South Beach Diet and has lost 25+ pounds and because I have been feeling pretty crappy about myself and really haven't been taking care of myself, I decided to give it a try.  I don't have the will power to try Phase 1 (no carbs ... not even fruit) so I started with Phase 2 but haven't had any carbs but fruit and steel cut oatmeal one morning.   Sooooo ... I'm on Day 5 of this can't eat anything yummy life change and I can honestly say I feel better.  Days 2 and 3 were rough.  I felt bad, foggy headed and soooo tired.  Not sure if I've lost any weight or not but I have more energy for sure.  The cravings for sugar/breads/cereals have lessened.  I am taking Carb Crave Complex which helps for sure (recommended by my sisters doctor).  Wouldn't have had the will power to ever do this if it weren't for the Carb Crave.  I had a severe sugar addiction.  I want the kids to have a healthier lifestyle too.

Each day I have been having a high protein breakfast (eggs, bacon, omelette, whatever).  For lunch I've had turkey burgers or veggie patties with fruits, veggies and yogurt and for dinner lots of salad, veggies and chicken breast.  Last night I cooked a Jennie-O Turkey Breast for dummies.  This was excellent.  It came in a bag and you put the frozen breast (in bag) in the oven and cook it for 2 hours.  Came with a packet of gravy which the kids ate but I didn't.  The kids loved it ... I loved it and now I have lots of yummy turkey meat (all white) to snack on when I get the urge for carbs.  Another key is LOTS of water.  I'm not supposed to have caffeine but come on now ... I have 2 small kids and have to function.  I am using sugar-free creamer and Stevia Sweetener.  For snacks it's pretty limited to 15 almonds or string cheese.  I have had 2 Sugar-Free (40 calorie) Fudgesicles which was heaven. 

In Phase 2, I am allowed to have 1/2 C of certain cereals and 6" whole wheat pita breads but to tell you the truth I am doing OK without it so I'm not sure if I'm going to have those yet.  I may have a turkey/avocado pita today though.

Well, I'm going to The Club tonight with Tina (Brian's working) so I am going to have 2 drinks.  But I haven't cheated at all so I think it will be OK. 

Not sure how long I'm going to stick with this ... my first plan was 2 weeks then introduce a few more carbs.  For now it's day-by-day.  We'll see how it goes.  I've really wanted to make some pumpkin bread with the kids but I don't know if I have the will power not to eat a slice.

Off to the gym for the Body Sculpting class ... wish me luck.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

Way to go! Keep it up and good luck!!!