Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A big thank you to Brian

Brian's parents came to town for the weekend on October 24th and 25th and offered to watch the kids for the night while I got away.  Well, Brian was working and I a had mentioned that maybe I would just get a cheap hotel room for the night so I could watch movies, play on the computer, work on my blog book and just relax.  Well, the morning before his parents came, Brian surprised me with a hotel for the night .... a beautiful one at The Marriott!!  What a treat.

I was able to get an early check-in so I arrived in my room about noon.  The room was beautiful ... lush.  I jumped right into the comfy bed ... played on the computer, read and watched TV for a little while.  Then I put my tennis shoes on and went for a long walk ... it was a beautiful fall day and the hotel in right across the street from The Capitol.  I sat on a bench at The Capitol Park and read for awhile.  Then I decided to grab some dinner ... at Ma Jongs.  Yummy.  I walked around a bit more and then went to my room to relax again.  Around 5 or so I headed down to the restaurant in the hotel to pick up some dessert (too cheap for room service) and a coffee (with Bailey's and Kahlua).  I took it to my room, devoured the dessert and enjoyed my cocktail during a bubble bath.  I was in my jammies and in bed by 8 pm.  I stayed up until around midnight though.  What a party animal, huh?  It was wonderful.  I woke up the next morning and felt completely recharged (and missed my kids ... maybe because I was so close to home, KWIM?)  Not enough to go home early though. 

Anyways ... thanks to Mike and Carol (Brian's parents) and a huge thank you to my wonderful hubby and best friend. 

Mel








No comments: