Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The things they say ...

K has been soooo funny lately.  I'm not sure where she's getting this stuff.  This morning we got into the spa to relax and she looked at me and said, "Let's get this party started!!"  I cracked up ... she probably got this comment from Phineas and Ferb.  It's so funny. 

We always tell Brian and M that "Girls Rule and Boys Drool!!"  Well, she said that the other day and then she said, "Boys are stinky ... girls smell like rainbows."  It was just adorable.

She thinks it's so funny to get in her carseat and close the door (and sometimes lock it - not so funny to me).  I repeatedly ask her not to close the door until I fastener her in but because she's a stinker, she does it anyway.  Today, I opened the door and gave her and look and she screamed, "PUNK" and then laughed hysterically.  What's going on with this girl?

Today while in the car, M said, "If I can't hear anymore ... would you talk to me in Hand Spanish?"  He had watched something earlier on Sign Language.  Gave me a good giggle.

We had a wonderful Parent-Teacher Conference with M's teacher the other day.  She had so many positive things to say about M.  Warning - I'm going to brag on my child now.  I know that can be annoying so don't read if you're not interested.  The first thing that she said was that he was such a good boy.  She has he always does as he's asked to do.  NEVER a problem in class.  "He's a great balance."  She said when it's playtime he has a lot of friends and talks and runs around but when it's time for school-work - she never has to tell him twice to do anything.  She also said that it sometimes takes him a little longer to do his work or perform a task but it's OK because it's done correctly when he completes it.  The only negative she had was in regards to his handwriting (we know where he got that from - Brian).  She said she doesn't worry about that too much in Kindergarten but they will in 1st grade. 

She did a baseline assessment during the first week of school.  He knew all of his Uppercase Letters and 23 of his Lowercase Letters.  I'm surprised he didn't know them all.  The was able to count to 34 without missing a number (benchmark is 10 for the first trimester in Kinder).  He was able to do an ABAB pattern without help.  She was proud of how he has learned his sight words.  They aren't even a requirement during the first trimester.  He is so eager to learn his words that he attaches the ring (with the words on it) to his belt-loop.  He says, "now I can look at them whenever I want."  His teacher got such a kick out of that - he had them on during the conference.

Many nice things were said about K also.  She couldn't believe how well behaved and bright she is.  She said my kids were calm.  Calm????  They are crazy at home.  It was a great Mommy-Moment.  So maybe, I (we) are doing something right.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I prefer "Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider, Girls go to college to get more knowledge" But maybe not good for younger kids. :)