Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Family time and Misc

Brian and I were off together on Saturday and Sunday and we were all in good moods.  We had pictures in Old Sacramento on Saturday afternoon.  When we got home, I had Brian take a few pictures of the kids and I because my Mom wanted to see what we wore.  I'm not sure if any of the family pictures turned out because K was rather difficult.  She didn't have a meltdown or fit or anything but the photographer had a hard time getting her to hold still and look at the camera.  Typical 3 year old, I'm sure but frustrating none the less.  To top it off, it was 100 degrees outside and our photos were taken at 3:15 pm.  I had sweat perspiration rolling down my back.  I'm hoping for 1 good family photo - then I'd be happy.  Here are a few of the pictures Brian took of I and the kids (I don't have very many).












After pictures, we had dinner at Joe's Crab Shack which is the perfect kid-friendly place because it's so loud in there and there is so much to look at.  Eating out has definitely gotten easier.  By the time we got home, it was time to put the kids to bed ... we read books and sang songs together before bed.

Brian and I enjoyed coffee and the Sunday paper outside on Sunday morning.  The kids played together we were able to talk.  M had a T-Ball game in the afternoon but K and I stayed home because it was too hot to chase her around.  Later in the day, M and I went to the Halloween Superstore.  He loves all things related to Halloween - the gorier and bloodier the better.  Then we decorated our house.  The kids were excellent today and got along so well.  Why can't every day be this easy?

Here are a few of my favorite things right now.




1.  The Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb Spreadable Cheese Wedges.  These are especially yummy on crackers but also delicious on carrots or celery and they aren't too bad for you.

2.  Delicious.    I recently learned about this website from a blog I frequent called Simple Mom.  This is a social bookmarking site.  My bookmarked sites are just a mess - I am working on organizing them though Delicious.  I am able to see what other people have bookmarked and how many people have bookmarked certain sites.  For instance, she has a kids tag (or folder) and I was able to find useful sites for activities/printables to  do with my kids by looking at hers.  You can look at her account to see how she's tagged and bundled things.  Check it out.

3.  Rollip.  This website will turn your pictures into a Polaroid with vintage editing.  Very cool.  Here's an example. 


No comments: