Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm on a blogging roll

I don't know what's gotten into me ... I've been blogging a lot in September. Oh, wait. I haven't worked in a week ... K is sleeping ... no dogs are barking at night ... I'm sleeping. I feel so much better.

Brian is on his way home .... yahoo. He'll be here in about an hour. Safe and sound.

While driving M to T-Ball practice today, out of the blue, he said, "Mom you're not that old. Gee thanks." He came out of left field with that one.

I'm sick of wasting bananas. M won't eat them so I decided to make banana muffins. He doesn't like banana bread but when I told him I made "cupcakes" he was all over it. K loves to help me bake. She quite a good helper. She loves to stir and crack the eggs. I found a great recipe. It's a little bit lighter version. I cut down a little on the sugar, added 3 oz of applesauce, threw in a few chocolate chips so M would eat them and substituted half of the flour with whole wheat flour. I also sprinkled nuts on top so they would be prettier. They were delicious. Just call me Susie Homemaker (yeah right). Don't ask me what my kids had for dinner!!

K and I helped out at M's school today. I assisted the kids with their art projects and helped clean up. You know I love that kind of thing (artsy stuff). K was excellent. She sat quietly with the kids and participated in some of the activities. She did what the other kids did ... good or bad. They tasted apples (red, yellow and green) and then had to color a paper apple the color of their favorite one. Both kids liked red the best. They had to go up and stick their apples on the wall and then his teacher counted them all up and talked about fewer and more. I see why M likes school. It was fun and I can't wait to help again. K kept calling me Teacher Mama and Mrs. Mama. Made me laugh.

No comments: