Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Baseball and Lego's - Boys stuff is fun

Happy Birthday Brian!!! Another year wiser, right? I love you and hope you have a great one.

M had his first T-Ball game on Sunday. They have a Fall Ball League here in North Natomas. They only play for 2 months and there are only 2 teams but it doesn't matter. They are a great group of kids and it's all about having fun, right? They are the Kansas Jaykawks. Brian is coaching wasn't able to make the game ... luckily one of the other Dads stepped up. M got 2 great hits and the weather was beautiful. It was a great day.



The team huddle before the game. M's number 4.



Is he adorable or what?




Slugger. He hits left handed but doesn't do anything else left handed.



He forgot to run at first. There he goes.

Coming home. A cool shot through the fence.


We went to Barnes and Noble to get his Scooby-Doo books I (rewards for learning sight words) and he BEGGED me for this Lego set. The books were going to be $8 and the Lego Set was $24 so I was getting a raw deal. He negotiated with me and offered to put the Scooby books back and give me the dollar bills from his piggy bank. Yes, I'm a pushover. He is obsessed with Lego's lately. I've never built anything with Lego's before ... usually Brian does it with him but because Brian was at work, I gave it a try. It was a lot of fun and now I'm hooked.


We made several things.








K kept me up all night because she's scared of the rain!! It's going to be a looooong winter! She's not just scared but terrified of the noise it makes on her windows. When she got to my room, she was physically shaking - all 4 times!!

This morning, K ran to the window and started yelling, "water piles, water piles!!" She then ran outside (barefoot) and jumped in the puddles. She is crazy. Every night she washes her hair and body with cold water ... right out of the tap ... she insists on it. How can she do that?

I went to The Club this morning for the Interval-Cardio Class. I can honestly say I've never worked out so hard that I actually vomited ............. UNTIL TODAY! Yes, about about 45 minutes of class I felt so sick to my stomach that I had to run to the bathroom and VOMIT! Am I out of shape or was the class hard? Definitely a little of both. I'm going to try to hang in there. Hopefully next week will be easier. It will be, right? Ya think?

While K was in childcare she told the teacher that we were going to get Brian a birthday cake today. Teacher Evie asked her what kind of cake we were going to get. K looked at her like she was crazy and said, "A Dad Cake!!"

More when I get time ... I'm going to Moms Night Out with the Moms from K's Preschool. It's Brian's birthday but he told me to go ahead and go. We just had yummy German Chocolate Pie from Marie Callendar's ... it's his favorite. There went my workout, right?

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

Talk about dedication - I can't believe you worked out so hard that you threw up!!! OHH I can't wait for T-ball next year so fun!