Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Best Buds Again

M hasn't seen J since his days at St. Johns Preschool (2 months).  Over the last few weeks or so, M's been talking about J more and asking if they could play together.  Brian said he brought a picture of J downstairs the other day and was bummed.  M was in the playroom yesterday and said, "Mom, I really miss my friend J.  Why can't I see him anymore?"  The look on his face made me so sad.  I quickly went out to my car, snuck in the other room and looked for his Mom's phone number on my cell phone.  I called and asked if I could pick J up and take him to the park with us.  We didn't tell either of the boys so it would be a complete surprise.  Well, today I told M that we were going to the great park in Woodland but didn't say anything about Jack.  He whined the entire way about wanting to see Jack ... "He didn't move away Mom, why can't I see him?"  I just kept telling him I'd think about it and maybe we could visit J next week.  M wasn't paying attention and I pulled up in from of J's house.  He realized where we were and got the biggest smile on his face.  Then he said, "You tricked me, Mom!!!"  J had the cutest reaction ... we were already in his house when he came home from school.  He smiled but then stood there frozen. 


Just look at these happy boys.  M had a smile on his face the entire time.  I haven't seen him that happy in a while and it made me feel so good.  It seems like he's been a little sad since leaving St. Johns.  He really needs a playmate ... someone that can come over and he can develop a close friendship with.  Even though J's only 20 minutes away ... it's not necessarily convenient.  I'll try to get them together more often now ... hopefully J's Mom will too.




Juice Boxes and Lollipops.




They ran around the park for 2 1/2 hours and boy was M exhausted on the way home.  They played Star Wars the entire time (both of them are huge fans - maybe J even more than M).  M was Luke Skywalker and J was Obi-Wan-Kenobi.  See the light-sabers in their hands?


M, I hope you had a wonderful day ... you deserve it.  You're such a great kid and I love you.
Mommy

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I love it! Especially that they are playing Star Wars! The FORCE is strong in the young Jedi's! :)