Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Our Summer-Cation (as K would say)

Brian went on a fishing trip with the guys so the kids and I went on a road-trip to my moms and my friend Dina's in Clovis. I had been telling K that we were going on our own summer vacation so on our way to my moms K exclaimed, "Yeah! We're going on summer-cation!" Too funny. The kids were so easy and got along very well so it was relaxing for the most part. Our two oldest are the same age, K is the same age as her middle child and she has a baby girl that is 8 months old ... yes, 5 kids.


Dina's oldest and M got married. M (Dina's oldest) dressed K up as the flower girl and A was the ring bearer. Here's a wedding photo.

Bath time! They had no room to breathe and had to rotate so I could get everyone washed but didn't mind at all ... they giggled and splashed until I made them get out.

A cute close-up of M and M.

In Coalinga at my sister's pool. He's using a sling-shot to get me with a splash-bomb! Look at that mischievous face.

Couldn't help but post this hilarious picture of Sadie (my sister's bulldog) wearing M's floatie in the pool. She's not the best swimmer ... she can swim for a minute or so but after much longer would just sink to the bottom.

So photos of the kids on the Slip-N-Slide at my mom's house. Remember those? I learned one thing for sure ... I'm too old to Slip-N-Slide. I went twice ... the first time nearly killed me but for some reason I decided to try it again. The second time I literally almost broke my jaw!! After I got up I had to make sure I could still open-close my jaw, had to take an Aleve and was sore the next day!! My mom was cracking up until she knew I was hurt. It's not as easy as it looks.




1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

Summer-cation's ROCK!! Your pictures are great..maybe I should take a photography class??!! Do you take bad pictures? :)