Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

K's off to preschool

Today was K's first day of preschool. We've been talking about it for weeks and she was so excited. She couldn't wait to put her new dress and backpack on this morning and asked me every 5 minutes if it was time to go to school yet. Her teacher called me a few weeks ago to ask me if we wanted to drop by a few times to visit so K wouldn't be scared or cry when I leave. I assured her that K would be fine ... she's not afraid of much. When we got ready to leave, Brian and I told K and she looked up and said "bye, mom and dad!" Just like I thought, she would do fine. Teacher Michelle couldn't believe it. That's my girl.

Her face when Teacher Michelle opened the door this morning. Priceless.


Walking out to the car this morning before school.


I forgot to post these ... we went to Target a few weeks ago to get her new backpack. She had seen a Hello Kitty backpack there before and knew that's what she wanted. That's just how she is. M would have thought it over, looked at all of them, hemmed and hawed, asked me which one I thought he should get and then made a decision (after some time). He is so much like me. K is decisive.

Shopping time.
K's been funny lately (and a stinker). I gave her a hot-dog for lunch the other day (while camping) and she looked at it for a while said, "I don't want this hot dog ... it's wrong for me." That's her new saying ... she said it again last night when I gave her some cereal, "Mom, this cereal is wrong for me!" Yes my kids ate cereal for dinner because we had a late lunch so they were hungry right before bed.

I have to go get K. Can't wait to see how her day went.


No comments: