Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Camp Richardson - Lake Tahoe

Last week we went camping at Camp Richardson in Lake Tahoe. The weather was beautiful - warm by Tahoe standards in the high 80's. We had a relaxing time - even ordered pizza for take-out on the first night (my kind of camping). The kids both slept until 8:00 am the first morning which was wonderful for us. I couldn't believe it. The boys went fishing a few times but didn't catch anything. K and I hung out around camp and walked (I walked ... she insisted on being carried) down to the water. Keep in mind that she's 33 pounds and I had all of our water toys and stuff! The kids loved the old fashioned ice cream parlor. Here are a few pictures.


M took this one. I love it but wish he were in it.

We rode our bikes a lot. The kids loved it and I felt like I got some exercise. Are they cute or what?

What a ham!

Another photograph taken by M. We're on one of our hikes here.

Our hike to Angora Lake. K fell a few times and definitely wasn't loving it.

The hike was almost a mile each way and with a lot of encouragement M did it on his own. When I asked him if he liked hiking he said it was a lot of work. Here he is taking a little breather.

"No more pictures, Mommy!"

This isn't Angora Lake but a lake we passed on the way there. Thought this would be a beautiful photograph.

We were home for a few days and then Brian took the kids for an overnight camping trip in Santa Rosa with one of his buddies from work and his kids. I had a day and a half to MYSELF. I had a hard time deciding what to do so I ended up doing a little shopping (for the kids mostly) in the morning, taking a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and catching a card-making class at one of the local scrapbooking stores in the evening. Needless to say, it went by way too fast but I had a great time. I slept in until 9:00 am the next morning and hung out around the house until I had to go to work. Glorious!

Today was M's last day at preschool. It was difficult to say goodbye to all of his teachers and the director. They have been so wonderful to all of us. M and I made a Cinnamon-Sugar Pull Apart for the teachers this morning (I think we'll make one for us in the AM). They had a huge banner that all the kids had signed that said good-bye to the 3 kids that were leaving today. All of the teachers came over to give him a hug ... I was very proud of him. The director told me how lucky I am because he's so sweet and good. He's never been in trouble. Not once in 2 years. It was a great Mommy-Moment. I guess I'm doing something right.

K on the other hand has been somewhat of a grouch. She's a bit overtired from all of the traveling she's been doing. No naps and playing for 12 hours straight can get exhausting, I'm sure. She hasn't been listening very well and is really starting to test us. I guess it's her age ... M did the same things. The frustrating part is that she isn't staying on time-outs anymore. She repeatedly gets up. It's challenging for sure.

Lately the kids have 2 songs they can't get enough of. Their hands down favorite is "Who Let The Dogs Out?" by Baha Men. They sing it all day. They also love "Come On Ride The Train" by the Quad City DJ's. When I play it they both jump up and immediately start dancing and running around ... it's very cute. I know ... not a G-Rated song but they don't get the true meaning or even listen to most of the song. They love the, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" parts. We have the best 90's station which is where they have been hearing these. (sorry Brian ... he hates it) I figure out which ones they like and then play them on my computer at Playlist.

Well, I exhausted. Goodnight.

No comments: