Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Chrissy's Zoo

When we go to Coalinga, we usually try to go out to my friend Chrissy's house. She has land and tons of animals for the kids to play with (along with toys - the kids love it there). She used to have a horse named Buck that we absolutely loved ... he seemed like he was part dog and was the most affectionate horse I've ever seen. He would rub up against you and almost looked like he was smiling. The kids could run around him and I knew I wouldn't have to worry. Sadly, Buck had to be put down because he broke his leg. Anyways ... this time Chrissy had a newborn alpaca so we absolutely had to go out and see him.

He's about 2 weeks old here. K kissed and hugged him until his mommy started spitting and making the strangest yelling sound. I screamed because I honestly thought she was going to bite K but I guess they only have bottom teeth (still wouldn't have been pleasant). K never batted an eye and wasn't the slightest bit scared. She loves animals. Cute, huh?

On the other hand, M immediately asked if they would spit on him right away and didn't get very close except for me to get this shot. M's kind of like me ... I like animals (from a distance).

Yes, they even have a pot-bellied pig! Tudy has gotten so much bigger! I couldn't believe it. She was sick and didn't want to get up so we let her rest.

Holding the Cockatoo.

He was on her shoulder but she started giggling and scared him away. I like this shot though.
I've been busy all day getting ready for our trip this weekend. Brian's fire department puts on the fireworks show and we haven't been in 6 or 7 years because the rooms are just crazy expensive. Now that we have the trailer, it was the perfect time to go. Everyone hangs out, parties and watches the show. The only place we could get on such short notice to stay is an RV park in Rohnert Park but it will work fine to crash. They also have a parade in the morning so I have to get an early start! We're moving on to Lawson's Landing for the second night and will be staying right on the beach so I'm sure the kids will love it.

Will right more when I get the chance ... Happy 4th of July!! Be safe.

Melissa

No comments: