Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mini-Me

I gave M my old Olympus 2.1 mega pixel camera. That was my first digital camera... my first true love. Just kidding. The Kid Tough (yeah, right) Camera we got him for his birthday isn't working anymore and took crappy pictures anyways. My old Olympus does really well... don't tell Brian but I think it takes better pictures that my new little camera. I guess he bought both camera's for me anyways. See this post for more information (on what not to buy). I'll bet M took 100 pictures yesterday. He took pictures of the TV show he was watching, the books we read, the dog across the street, the ceiling fan... everything. I found an old camera case and gave it to him and boy was he proud.


Just like his Mommy.


M took this picture of K and I. Don't look at my attire or my hair/makeup. I had just gotten out of the shower but the kids wanted to do sidewalk chalk in the front yard. Not so bad for a 4 year old.


I took this with his camera. Are they cute or what?


M's hamming it up. He was an absolute angel yesterday. Today, not so much!!


Cute one of K. Taken with my old Olympus point and shoot. Love her.


I had a conference with M's preschool teacher last week. All in all, it went well. There are a few things we need to work on but she thinks he's pretty much where he needs to be. Here's what Teacher Shiloh said in her written report.

Your child's strengths include...
Mason is a very loving and tender child. He is thoughtful and takes his time to do his best. He has developed socially and emotionally and continues to progress. It has been a delight to watch him blossom.

Areas your child is currently working on include...
- Continue letter recognition
- Work on number recognition (I really need to work on this... I have focused on letters but not a lot on numbers)
- Confidence building

You can help your child learn and develop at home by...
- Encouragement/Praise
- Consistency

Some of the other comments she made were...
- Sometimes shows lack of confidence
- At times, waits without asking for help causing him to be behind on tasks
- Very calm (what!?!?... is she talking about my M?)
- Sometimes needs reminding to wash his hands before eating

I'm proud of my little guy. She said he is very easy in school and never requires discipline. She said he can get a little rambunctious while playing with Jack but they listen when she asks them to stop. She said she thinks he is very caring and is good hearted.

No comments: