Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thank You Leapfrog!

I have to say thank you to the folks out there at Leapfrog for allowing me a moment of solitude (and sanity). Here's a picture of the kids from yesterday. He has the Leapster and she was playing with our TAG Reader which I must say is the best toy we've had a in a long time. Both kids play with it everyday. K will play with it for an hour. (I even like it). Not only does it read the stories page by page or the entire book but you can touch anything in the book and it will make it come to life (ocean makes a water sound, each pirate in the pirate book has a specific voice and so on) and give it a sound. It will also read the words individually if you touch them. I ran out right away and got a few more book. It comes with Ozzie and Mack which both kids like. The Dora the Explorer, Pirates and Scooby Doo have been our favorites so far but they're all great. Don't ever pay full price for the books ... they go on sale for $9.99 frequently. The Leapster is great too. All games are learning games and I've found it is much more user friendly than the V-Smile Pocket.


Peace at last.


Seriously... RUN out there and buy one. You'll love it.
M's rockin' the Wii Bowling. He's very good at it.


She loves to read... we made a seat out of her books.


Giggling and having fun. The party girl.


K is the loviest ... she's always hanging on me, giving me kisses and love. Well now while she loves on me she'll look at me with her loving face and slowly say, "you and me." You just have to hear her say it to really get just how cute it is.

M's really coming out of his shell. I used to be worried that when he starts school, he would be a wallflower. Afraid and too shy to make new friends. Well, each time we go to the park or KidsPark or anywhere there's other kids, he'll run right up to them and ask them if they want to play. If they're already playing something, he'll just join right in or ask if he can. He doesn't care if they are older kids either... not intimidated by that one bit. Yeah! Pre-school has been so good for him.

We signed him up for Mighty-Mights T-Ball today. To be in the regular T-Ball League you must be 5 by April 30th. He just missed the cut-off but I'm glad. Now, he'll be one of the oldest ones on the team instead of the youngest. I'm excited for him and of course can't wait to take pictures.

We're going to San Francisco tomorrow for the day... just for fun. It's supposed to be 68 degress there so it should be a nice day.

Good-bye for now... Melissa

P.S. All day today K sang, "PBS Kids" and last week while walking into Chuck E. Cheese she said, "where a kid can be a kid." Just like the commercials. Do you think they watch too much TV?!?! Ha, ha... made me laugh.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I looked at them today at Target! Dax played with the display and I had to drag him away!