Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Park Play - The New Fort Natomas

Here are a few pictures from Fort Natomas. Those of you who read my blog may remember the Old Fort Natomas Park was burned down (for the 3rd time) last year. Well, they re-opened it again but this time in a new location. It's a great park, the kids love the play structure but the new location just isn't the same. The old Fort Natomas had huge shade trees which kept the park nice and cool all year round and was in an old, established neighborhood. Hopefully, being on a busier street will keep them from burning it down again. Here are a few pictures.


Giggling on the tire swing.






He can do the big swings but for some reason still wants to swing on the small swings.


They do actually like each other sometimes. Here he is helping her on the balance beam.


Monkey M.

I've worked the last 4 days in a row (whine... am I spoiled or what only working 2 days a week?) I don't know how you Monday through Friday people do it!! I had 2 days on the floor and 2 class days (Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Competency Stuff). I dropped the kids off today so I could catch up a little around the house but I was so tired most of the day, I didn't get much done.

M's been learning about the Solar System in Pre-School and named three planets last night. He also told me that the sun is a BIG star that's really hot! I guess he does pay attention in school.

M's been a little better lately (except for tonight) but I think he's just tired. He was angry at me tonight and told me I was stupid. Then he said, "I'm going to break your clock so you don't know what time it is, if you're not nice to me." Meaning... give in to everything he wants. Where does he come up with this stuff? I know he wouldn't do it. A lot of friends have advised me to put soap in his mouth the next time he verbally abuses me so I gave him a warning and told him if he said something mean that's what I was going to do. Let me tell you... he didn't say anything else (at least for tonight).

K's been pretty good... except for the whole potty training thing. A lot of it is our fault though. Brian and I don't try too hard. I figure it's my last child and changing diapers doesn't bother me too much. She's stubborn and the more I push, the longer it will take. I learned that from M. I just have to have her potty-trained by July for Pre-School but that's a long ways away in toddler years.

Her favorite song is still Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer and she sings it all day! M's still playing with his rescue toys (which he's had forever) all day. Forget about all those new toys he got for Christmas.

2 comments:

The Esslinger Family said...

I love the Adidas outfits! I had one that the boys wore when they were like 6 months old, but I haven't seen the big kid ones! So cute and comfy!

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa,

My name is Rico Gordon and I am a student and employee with the University of Phoenix in Sacramento (South Natomas). I was doing a Google search to find out if anyone is planning a 1 year anniversary for the completion of the new Fort Natomas and I cam across your blog. On November 4th and 5th of 2008, several employees (including myself) volunteered our services during the rebuild project. We had a great time connecting with the community and working for a good cause. Although I am not a resident of Natomas, I do spend time at the park with my family on occasion. I am sure by now our 5 year old son Julian is well aware that "Daddy helped rebuild that park son." Great pictures of your kids and I am glad that it is appreciated by the community.