Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Future firefighter

The other day, Brian was working OT at another station so he had all his gear in his car and decided to bring it out for the kids to play with. M loves it and always wants to wear the red helmet so he can be a Captain like Daddy. Here are a few pictures.


Love it.



Couldn't decide so here's one more.


K wearing Brian's SCBA. She loves the way her voice sounds when she talks with it on. Kind of sounds like Darth Vader or something. (I'm sure it's just yucky inside that mask... eeew)


Do you hear the engine zooming down the street? M's the Captain and is telling Brian how to get to the fire (see Brian driving) and making siren sounds in the backseat.


M "rescued" a baby from the burning building.

K's been eating a lot lately so I asked her if she is growing. She looked at me and said, "I am not a flower!"

M's been a handful again. It seems as if we have 2 good weeks and then he decides to challenge us again for about a week. With neither child taking naps anymore, it sure makes for a long 13 hour day!

Brian got me plane tickets for Christmas to go and visit my friend Rebecca in Washington DC. I think we're (he and I... no kids) going in March. Dreaming about being away is what gets me through these tough days with the kids. I am working the next 4 days in a row also (2 work and 2 class days) so this should be a rough week (for both Brian and I). Lately, I've been feeling a little down... like I can't keep my head above water no matter how hard I try. It's frustrating to have all of these projects or hobbies that I to do and no time to do it. By the time the kids go to bed, I'm just done. I dont' even have the energy or brain power to read. I've got nothing left.

Today is my niece's 21st birthday!! Happy Birthday Lacie!! My mom, sister, and I are taking her to Reno for 2 nights at the end of January. I'm excited about that also.

Well, off to do some laundry.
Melissa

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I love the pictures! Especially when they are acting out Brian driving and saving the baby-that is classic! I wish I had something to look forward to. LUCKY! You aren't they only one feeling yucky, and here come those days of work. Please let it go by fast!