Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2009! I love New Years. I love the fresh start and the possibilities that lie ahead in the coming year.

My New Year's Resolution is to start contributing more to the kids college funds and to save more money. We've done a good job this year of paying everything off (except the house) and now I really want to sock some away for a rainy day. Brian also wants to buy a trailer and I really think it's his turn to get something he wants... he rarely buys anything for himself.

I haven't had any time to blog in the last week. We've had company and have just been busy with projects around the house. I got Brian a Nintendo Wii for Christmas and we've been getting a kick out of that too. I understand what the hype's all about now. The technology is amazing. I bowled a 200 the other night... sure wish I could do that in real life. (I'm lucky to break 110)

We had a nice time on New Years Eve. It was quiet and low-key. We met Monte and Dyan at BJ's for an early dinner (leaving the kids at KidsPark) then we came home, put the kids to bed and had some cocktails while playing the Wii. We definitely got a few laughs out of the instant replays in tennis. Brian and I were in bed but still awake to watch the ball at midnight. I've never been into going out and partying on New Years... I'd much rather be safe at home with great friends.

A few pictures from over the last week or so.


Took this today of Brian's parents (Mike and Carol) with the kiddos. I like the way it turned out.


Dyan and I. We went over to her house last week so the kids could exchange their gifts.


A great one from my new lens. Brian got me the Canon 50 mm 1.8 for Christmas.


Cute one of K too.


Willy got K the Bella Dancerella Dance Mat with DVD. K loves it. I comes with a dance mat, DVD and a magic wand. Luckily, I got her dance on video when she did it the first time. I want to figure out how to upload video to my blog.


Dancing queen.


A few K funnies then I HAVE to go to bed. I have the kids early and I work tomorrow until late.

K's says, "I rock" when she's proud of herself or does something well. It's too cute.

The other day we were in the car and she was whining for her "fie" (pacifier). Well, we're trying not to give it too her until bedtime (and even that's going away soon) but she just kept on and on. Finally, I told her that I didn't have one and didn't know where one was. She said, "well, of course you do!!" That girl is just too much.

While in Target the other day, she was jingling my keys and singing Jingle Bells at the top of her lungs for all to hear. She's quite the entertainer.

M has just been pure joy lately. He's helping me with K, listening much better and just being an all around sweet boy. I love him.

OK, I really have to go to bed now. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

Happy New Year!! Your pictures are so cute, I have to say nice camera, but I know the camera didn't do all the work, you have the cutest family! Or as K would say .. you rock! :)