Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hello.

I've been in a blogging slump lately and I'm not sure why. I'm discouraged because I really want to have my blog printed in a hardbound book (for the kids to keep) but I can't find a company that can do it. I would have to go to Shutterfly, Snapfish, Blurb or one of those places and cut, paste and set up each and every layout. Do you know how much time that would take? I had something like 140 posts last year. I'll never have the time or the energy. I'm looking for a business that will upload and print my blog as it looks on the computer. If I were only computer/business savvy, I'd start a business for that myself.

I feel as if I've been so busy... tired lately. I'm not working a lot of extra or anything... I don't know what's going on. The kids have been fun/challenging.

K wants to be called Wall-E, Sheep, Doggie, Max (the Grinch's dog) or Percy (from Thomas the Train) half the time. She won't forget either and usually won't answer or do what you ask until you call her by the name of the day. She's a character, that's for sure. Well, anytime she hurts herself, she'll run to me and say, "I want to be K now!" Another time she wants to be K is when she wants her "fie" (pacifier). Still can't get that girl potty trained or "fie" broken. Each time I put her on the potty she'll smile and me and say, "all done, I go on the potty tomayo (tomorrow)." She annoyingly laughs, giggles and scoots all around on the potty and really doesn't even try.

M's either been very good or very bad lately. The biggest thing with him is that he is just so high-energy. Nothing wears that kid out!!! Nothing. Today he went to school from 8-12:30, the park from 12:30 to almost 2:00 pm, played at home (while watching Scooby-Doo meets Batman) until 4:00, played at The Club from 4:30 to 5:30 (while I worked out... finally) and he was still hyper at 7:00 while we were reading books in bed. I had to tell him several times to stop horsing around. Luckily, I can easily get both kids down by 7:30 so I have some time in the evening to relax or do chores.


Brian took M to Land Park to fish on Saturday morning while I was working. He didn't catch anything but Brian said he had a great time casting. He is so good at it. Monte and Dylan went with them. I can't believe Brian thought of bringing the camera!!


M and Dylan.


My mom got K the cutest desk/easel for Christmas. It's been in the playroom and she hasn't been playing with it much so I set up an art studio in the living room today. She colored all morning and after M got home from school, he used it also. I just have to be VERY careful that I keep a close watch on K with color crayons or markers. M has never once colored on anything but K sure has.


K working diligently in her studio. The desk is made by Step 2. I like it because it comes with lots of bins for supplies and the desk part (in red) easily pushes up to become an easel. You don't have to move any of the bins or supplies to convert it. Here's the link to the desk info.

Off to watch American Idol. I love the auditions.
Mel

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I am so glad I don't have the only kid that wants nothing to do with potty training! I love the little art studio-super cute. The cold weather always make me feel down..So I am there with you! But way to go and work out, I totally need to get on that! (As I sit her on the computer drinking a soda, maybe tomorrow!!!)