Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tea Party and funnies

Why are some days just easier than others? It all depends on M's mood and I usually know whether it's going to be good or bad by 8:00 am. Today was a great day. We were up, all showered, dressed and fed by 9:00 am. I even had time to pick up the house and make beds before we headed out the door to Bouncetown at 9:30. The kids had a blast there ... they actually played together. We stayed for about 2 1/2 hours and they ran the entire time so the rest of the day was easy... we just hung out around here. M and I baked Pumpkin Bread while K napped (in her pack-n-play which she's too big for) .... but she loves it and stays in it!!

Some funnies...

K kept getting out of her chair during dinner. I asked her repeatedly to get back into her chair and eat. Then she said, "I'm enjoying it." I always tell the kids to slow down and enjoy their food (usually it's with treats... my kids don't eat). She pays attention to everything I say, doesn't she?

I asked (nagged) M to be careful with something today (a delicate pumpkin decoration). He groaned under his breath, "do you ever stop talking?" I'm not kidding! I said, "what?" He said, "nothing." It was too hard to contain my laughing.

I absolutely have to throw K a party for her birthday. She talks about it all the time. Tonight while we were reading a book where all the animals were hanging around each other and she said excitedly, "the animals are having a party." Then she asked if she could have a birthday party tomorrow with "cake and candles." I can't wait until April to throw her a big bash.

I hate to post without including pictures so here are a few pictures from a tea party we had last week. The kids loved having me as their servant (not that it's any different than usual) and had Chocolate Soy Milk and Granola Bites. (tea and crumpets)


M's serving K. I must have filled the teapot up 5 times.


I should have done her hair (don't look).


He really was that excited.


I just love her pretty face in this one (and those eyes).


Look at those cheeks.

Goodnight.
Melissa

1 comment:

Dyan said...

Can't wait for the big party in April! I was laughing when I read M's comment about 'don't you ever stop talking?' It makes you think what really runs through their minds?!? Cute tea party pics!