Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Miscellaneous

No matter your party affiliation, race, religion, or gender... exercise YOUR RIGHT to vote.

Freedom is a BEAUTIFUL thing!

I can't help but post a few more pictures from Halloween and the MOMS Club Halloween Party. Most of the pictures from Halloween didn't turn out because it was too dark. Next year I'll just video. The kids had a blast on Halloween. Thank goodness the stormy weather held out until Saturday. We had a few scattered sprinkles but the weather was pretty warm... in the high 60's I think. We went trick-or treating with Dyan, Monte, their kids and Brian's parents. They were visiting from So. Cal. The kids RAN door to door of course and K was no exception. She kept up very well. After about 20 houses or so she got tired and rested in the jogger (with her fie). M however NEVER gets tired anymore. Nothing wears that kid out. I think he could run a half-marathon and then would say, "now what are we going to do?" He had so much fun... but was a little bit of a stinker. Not listening very well, not saying thank you, not wanting to carry his own bag, running through people's decorations, etc. I just kept telling myself that he's only 4. I think he was just overly excited about all the treats he was getting. All of my friends say that 5 year olds are much easier... I'm counting on that.

The MOMS Club Party was at The Club and was a lot of fun as well. They had a huge turnout. It started out with snacks and activities and then the kids lined up for some trick-or-treating (some of the Dad's handed out candy). Brian was working. Here are some pictures. Sorry, lots of pictures coming up. I just love them all.


Look at that pouty face.


Aaaargh!


D (Dyan's son) had the best werewolf costume. All the babies were scared of him. My kids are tickling him and having a great time.


The werewolf was hungry for sheep.


D and K. Cute one.


My super-cute pirate eating at the MOMS Club Party.


Trick-Or-Treating at The Club.


K too. Dyan took this good picture.


The one decent picture from Halloween. All 4 kids together.


M didn't want to wear his hair while we were Trick-Or-Treating (don't get me started on that) so Grandpa wore it most of the night. Here's his pirate face.
(you knew I was going to post that, right?)

Ooops, I forgot to include some pictures from M's party at school.
Here are 2. (like I said, long post)


They Trick-Or-Treated at 3 banks and a hair salon. The kids loved it.
(Look at the kids face behind him... the racecar driver)


Their pizza party.


K ate huge tonight for once. She must be growing. She ate 2 helpings of lasagna, an entire banana, grapes and then asked for raisins. That kid absolutely loves fruit. Would eat a whole bowl if I let her.

K's favorite things right now...
1. Music - Especially the Laurie Berkner Band (Laurie's got a pig on her head song). She loves all of them though. We have 3 of her CD's. If you have small kids, run out and buy them! Both kids also love the Spiderman song by the Ramones. (You can find it at Playlist.)

2. Food - Raisins. Any kind of fruit. Macaroni and Cheese, english muffins with peanut butter and pancakes are her favorite. She doesn't like sandwiches!

3. Favorite show - For sure is Tom and Jerry. She also likes WordWorld, Clifford and Curious George. We took the DVD player out of the car so they haven't been watching movies lately.

4. Favorite book - Llama Llama Mad At Mama. She wants me to read it every night at bedtime.

5. Toys - She loves playing with these small realistic animals we have (most of them were given to M by Brian's sister, Sharon). She puts them in her dollhouse, Little People Barn, everywhere. She loves animals. She enjoy's puzzles very much also.

6. Miscellaneous - She loves pajamas!! Especially "comfy, cozy" ones. I got some new footed PJ's today at Costco (the soft Carters ones) and she couldn't have been more excited.

M's Favorite Things Right Now...
1. Music - His favorite songs are I've Been Working on The Railroad by Laurie Berkner and The Spiderman Song. He also loves this Halloween CD that I got from Target that has The Batman theme song, Scooby-Doo theme song, Monster Mash, I Want Candy and a different version of the Spiderman Song.

2. Food - Carbs!! Bagels, bread, crackers, chips, etc. Today on the way to school he asked me out of nowhere when I could buy him some Cheetos. He's only had them once or twice but sure loves them. Still loves PB & J's.

3. Favorite shows. He loves Transformers and Curious George. He is still really into Scooby Doo also.

4. Favorite book. Even though Halloween is over he still wants to read Ten Timid Ghosts every night. I even enjoy this one. It's very cute.

5. Toys. Anything very boyish although sometimes I'll catch him giving K's dolls a bottle or something (sorry M). He loves Spiderman, Transformers, Batman, TMNT's, IronMan, Star Wars, etc. With all of the new commercials for toys (with Xmas coming) I hear a lot of, "Mom, you gotta come and see this, hurry!" from him.

6. His favorite place to go is the California State Railroad Museum. It really is fun. Anyone with kids should check it out. We belong to the Caboose Club (annual membership) so we go often. We can't wait for the Polar Express Train Ride along the Sacramento River in December.

Off to clean up.
Melissa

No comments: