Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Random

Today on the way to school M suggested we go out and dig up dinosaur bones. I told him I wouldn't have any idea of where to look to for them. He said, "Mom, you just look for the sign that says dinosaur bones and that's where you look." He can be such a crack up. He was such an angel today. They both were really. She tolerates no nap so much better than he did at that age.

I think K may be getting her molars. She is drooling constantly and if she doesn't have her fingers in her mouth she is gnawing on one of M's toys which is not going over real well as you might imagine. We went to story-time at Barnes and Noble this morning. She was very into the singing part but not so much into the stories yet. She's a little too young.

Here's a story for you. Today what I thought was my house alarm system (ADT) started going off. Off course, it was right during K's naptime so she didn't nap. It would go off randomly... every 3 minutes to 30 minutes. It was driving me crazy and I was becoming very frustrated so I called ADT and asked for someone to come out ASAP. Well, she told me se could have someone come out tomorrow. I asked her how she would like to hear her alarm go off every 5 minutes and just how should I get my kids to sleep tonight with the noise. I didn't get anywhere with her. She wanted to charge me $300 for 30 minutes of labor. After not getting anywhere with her, I asked to speak to her superior and she had someone come out right away. The funny part of the story is that when he got here he just couldn't figure it out either. He troubleshooted the alarm system and said there wasn't anything going on with it. Finally the alarm went off again and guess what it was??? My SMOKE DETECTOR!!!! HELLO!! I couldn't have felt more like a dummy. He said it fooled him as well because it just echoed through my house and really sounded like the security alarm. It was the one in the high ceiling of my loft area. Turns out it was a good thing this happened because when Comcast came out a few weeks ago to activate our phone system they disconnected the phone connection for the alarm and if something were to have happened nobody would have been called. He was a super nice guy... fixed that too (even though it should have been Comcast) and didn't make me feel like the complete idiot I am.

Off to bed, I can't believe it's 11:15 pm already. I do this to myself every night!

1 comment:

Dyan said...

That alarm story is a crack up!!! It ranks right up there with jumping the fuse box on my vehicle! (LOL)