Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Parascope

M learned about parascopes and being a spy while watching Curious George. It's his favorite show right now. He and Brian have been talking about making one for a few weeks now. While K and I napped he and M went to the store to get the parts and then got started. They had such a fun time. M wanted to use his tools also. They made it using velcro, duct tape, two mirrors a 2x4 and a staple gun. M was so excited he couldn't stand it. I definitely encourage doing this project at home with your little ones. He's taking it to school for show-n-tell tomorrow. Here are a few pictures.


At the start of their project. M didn't want to look at the camera so Brian told him if he would look at the camera, smile and get it over with I would leave him alone!! So he did. I was in the middle of making dinner. (he made his tie-dyed shirt at school)


M helping Dad with his square.


K loved making funny faces and admiring herself in the mirror.


Here it is.


See the huge laugh of M's? Brian leaned down and made a silly face on the lower mirror (see Brian's head). They had been spying over the fence.


... And spying around corners. If you click on the picture you can see M's face in the mirror.

I was talking with M's teacher (Shiloh) today when I picked M up from school. She said that he is doing very well in school and plays with Jack all of the time. They are good together and are much happier when the other one is there. She says sometimes they get too rambunctious and she has to sit down and have a talk with them. I bet you'll never hear another mom say that she was glad to hear that about her child. When M was in the Sky Blue Room Teacher Julie told me that he was very quiet and shy. She said if called upon he would sometimes get tearful and embarrassed easily. I have been wanting him to come out of his shell and be more outgoing and less reserved. Shiloh said she wouldn't worry about him ... he's been fine in her class and not too quiet at all.

Laziness starts very early in life. Before bed I asked M what kind of sandwich he wanted in his lunch. He said with a cute grin, "I want bologna and cheese so then I won't have to wash my face." He always eats the middle of the sandwich first so PB & J gets all over his face and Shiloh makes him wash it. I know he likes PB & J more but he's just lazy.

While we were playing outside today he said he was going to be in charge. I told him I didn't think so. So then he said, "only 4 year olds can be in charge!!"

K is obsessed with a flannel blanket that she saw M using once or twice. She cries for it and carries it around the house with her sometimes. At nap time we forgot it and she began screaming out and crying "need M's blanket" over and over until I brought it too her.

This morning we painted our toenails the same color and she's been talking about it ever since.

Melissa

1 comment:

Dyan said...

You guys are so crafty! What a great idea for the periscope! Looks like both 'boys' were having fun with it! You will have to tell me how you made it. Know that would be a hit at our house too. See you in a little while!