Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

Beauty school drop out

The other day we were getting ready to go somewhere and Brian said he was going to try to do K's hair (completely shocked me). He said that way if he needed help I would be there. Well, let me tell you... this man can fix anything. He can look at any kind of machine or engine and figure how it works in a matter of minutes and fix it (washing machines, garage door openers, dishwashers... everything). He absolutely CAN'T do K's hair. It was the funniest thing. We laughed so hard. I don't know if his hands are too big or what. It took him forever and she's not the most cooperative. I don't know what we're going to do when she starts school and I'm not around.

It started out OK.


Laughing.


Poor thing... I had to take it out and start over. There was hair sticking out of the pony-tail holder everywhere and the pony-tail was going the wrong way!! I told him that the key is lots of water.

My mom came up for a quick visit on Thursday. She bought the kids Moon Sand which was so much fun. It molds very easily and is pretty easy to clean up. We found a shady place on the back patio and played with it for a long time. (I can't wait to get a patio cover built... someday $$$)


That's one of the things I love about my mom. She's not afraid to get her hands dirty. She really entertains the kids when she visits. Last time she came, she and M played trains for an hour!!


Love for Granny.


K made a "cupcake." Here she is blowing out the candles.


Stories before bedtime. We've already been reading our Halloween books. I just bought some great ones from Scholastic.


My dollar store find that he's played with for 3 days. Some of their stuff is just junk but every once in a while you get lucky and find something like this. He has been hooking everything since he got it including his sister!


Something funny... last night while I was fastening M into his car seat he pulled my shirt down and said "so... what are those for?" I tried playing stupid and said "what?". Then he said "those" and poked one of my breasts!! It caught me so off-guard so I said "for feeding babies" and closed the door and got in the car. He's been extra curious about the female anatomy lately.

M knows his days of the week now. He sings a song about them. K is wearing a size 7 and M is wearing a size 11 in Vans shoes. My mom got them each a cute pair. He was so proud off them, he showed all his teachers at school the next day.

M has been an absolute angel this weekend (Brian's been at work). I was worried because last week while Brian was at work M was just awful. We fought the entire weekend... he was very challenging. I would describe his behavior last weekend as bratty. Nothing worked... putting toys away and time-out didn't phase him. He even brought me to tears! He has been so helpful over the past 2 days that tonight he offered to help me pick up the playroom, went in and turned on the light and said "let's get started." He's been nice to his sister (somewhat) and has listened so much better. That's my boy.

I'm exhausted. More tomorrow.
Melissa

2 comments:

The Esslinger Family said...

I love that fact you blog about your husband and him trying to do your daughters hair, I just about fell out of my chair laughing!! It a good thing I have boys because, I don't think my Brian could do it either!

Dyan said...

Brian may not have done the best job on K's hair but I do give him Kudos for attempting! Lucky if Monte even brushes M's hair if I'm not around. Funny!