Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our weekend getaway

The kids are going to stay with my family for the weekend (a long weekend) and I couldn't be more excited to get my sanity back and spend some quality time alone with Brian. My mom is picking the kids up today and she will watch them for 2 nights and my sister will watch them for 2 nights!! My mom happens to be in the area anyways because she's visiting Frank in the Bay Area. On Saturday my sister and brother-n-law are taking M to the Walking with Dinosaurs show. K will just spend time with her Granny because the loud dinosaur noises will scare her. M's been asking me everyday how many more days until the dinosaur show. I'm sure I'll miss them by Saturday (not enough to come home early) but we desperately need this.

We were going to fly to Seattle but airfare is just too expensive so we decided on Reno. Why Reno? Well, the rooms are super cheap (we got a luxury room for $99 per night) so we will be able to really do it up! Nice dinners, gambling and maybe a show or two. We are also planning to go on a hike (if weather permits) and do a little shopping in Truckee.


Melissa

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I am so jealous! Hope you guys have a blast!