Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Painting

The other day while Brian was working I set the kids up outside on a blanket with some watercolor paints, stamps, markers and a roll of white paper that I found in the dollar section at Target (a supermom moment). I took a few shots but mostly just played with them. K enjoyed it for about 10 minutes but M and I painted for about 20 minutes (a long time for a 4 year old). We worked on writing his letters. It was nice (but hot) being outside.

A couple of days ago when M woke me up in the morning with his very sweet voice (he has a sweet voice and an evil voice) he whispered in my ear, "I have an idea, we can go and do something fun today." I told him OK. Well that was the day we went to the pool (FOR 3 HOURS), had a picnic there with Dyan and the kids, and painted outside in the afternoon. Before bed he told me, "we forgot to do anything fun today." What??? You don't call that fun. He said, "no, I meant going to a bounce house or something." Have I spoiled him with all the activities we do? I swear that kid has to be busy doing something every minute of every day.

Funny things they say.

The other day M pulled our alarm sign down in our front yard and K yelled, "now look what you did!"

Yesterday M fell asleep while driving home from the store (I was at work). Brian said he just left him in the car in the garage with the big garage door closed and the door to the house open so he could hear him when he woke up (and left all the windows and doors open... hope we're not bad parents for doing this). Well, about 20 minutes later he heard M saying, "Dad... Dad, did you forget something out here!!" He is so funny sometimes. Brian just said that he had just gotten home and was unloading K.

If you are doing something that K doesn't like (like singing a song she doesn't want to sing) she'll say, "NON'T do dat!!"


Cute but not his real smile.


She made a really long paint brush.


He was having fun.

No comments: