Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Animal House

We definitely have a houseful, that's for sure.  We have a dog, cat and a fish (had 2 fish but one of our fish died - I'll get to that later).  Our animals are a lot of work but the kids get so much joy from them, it's totally worth it. 

Lucy (almost 2 years old).  She turned out to be a great pet, once we got past the scratching.  Ugh.  She loves playing with bags, lying in boxes and roaming around outside.


Cody, our Beta fish affectionately named by Kyla.  When we go away, she always says how much she misses him.


Mason's fish.  Well, let's just say his fish was only with us for a few weeks before Lucy knocked the bowl off of his dressed and onto the ground.  Kyla and I came home to a dead fish on the floor.  At least we saw it and were able to get rid of it before he did, he is so sensitive about things like that.  We all agreed that it would be best not to get another fish.  Lucy leaves Cody alone, she just likes to stare at the fish bowl.


Roscoe (9 years old).  Brian and I got him shortly after we got married.  He was out of control for the first 5 years (like Marley from the book/movie) but since then he's been a good boy.  He doesn't chew our toes or walls up or anything else for that matter.  He's super lazy now and just sleeps most of the day.  Don't even try to take him for a run, he'll STOP running and make you drag him after 1 mile.  He's my buddy when the kids are away.


I realize that all of these blog posts are out of order, I'm just trying to catch up and will re-organize them as soon as I'm done.  I have all of July and part of August to catch up on!  Now that the kids are in school, I have a lot more time on my hands.  ;-)  I'm at Barnes and Noble, enjoying a hot cup of coffee right now as I type this.  Aaaahhh. 

No comments: