Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baby Chicks/Open House

Mason's classroom has had chick eggs.  He couldn't have been more excited about turning the eggs and being able to help take care of them.  When I visited the classroom, all of the kids told me to be careful not to stomp because it might scare them.  On the 21st day (May 23rd) some of the eggs hatched and they had 4 chicks.  The night before, Mason was so excited, he didn't think he was going to be able to sleep.  I was asked by his teacher to come into the classroom and take pictures of each of the kids with the chicks.  Fun, fun.  Does she know me or what?  I loved holding the chicks and seeing the excitement on all of their faces.  Priceless.
Mason was completely at ease holding the chicks and absolutely loved it.  Not all of the children were that way.  Some of the kids held it away from their body and just wanted to get it over with.  Some of them commented on the smell.  One of the little girls had an icky look on her face when she was done and said, "Can I go wash my hands now?"  I thought they were adorable and smelled just fine.



Mason talked and talked about how fluffy and soft their feathers were.  Is the classroom cute or what?


They had an Open House at Mason's school.  We took our friend Drew so he could see the baby chicks and Mason's classroom.  Mason showed him around.


My ham.


Aww.  I took the best pictures of the kids and then realized I didn't have a memory card in the camera.  Why does my camera take pictures without a memory card???  You would think it would have given me some kind of message!  I was bummed.


Mason held the chicks 5 times during the Open House!


Love it.  Now Kyla isn't sure if she wants to be an animal doctor or a nurse.  All I have to say is Nursing School is a lot less expensive than Vet School and she'd probably make more!  She sure is an animal lover though.


Okay, time to give it back now.  We sure are going to miss his teacher next year.  She is amazing.


When did my little boy grow up?  We went to Barnes and Noble today (because it was raining AGAIN ... in JUNE) and he sat down and read books on his own (pictures later).  He read a shark book, a Spongebob Squarepants and a Scooby-Doo book.  I'm so proud of him.  While we were walking out, he saw a Battleship Game Deluxe Edition (it may have been electric or something).  He yelled, "Mom, come over here!!  It's a TRICKED OUT Battleship Game!!"  He's too funny.  By the way, for those of you with little ones.  Monopoly Junior is so much fun.  Kyla can play it as well.

Another Mason funny.  He talked me into playing catch with him in the backyard.  It's all he wants to do ... hit baseballs, catch baseballs, everything baseball.  After I threw the ball hard he said, "Mom, you're showing off your guns, aren't you?"  Too funny.  I told him I'd play if when we got in, he'd do a page of his homework.  It works every time.  Woo-hoo.  His last homework packed until the second grade!  He's gotten so much better.  He doesn't fuss about it anymore, he just sits down and gets it over with.  His penmanship is still terrible (like Brian's) but his teacher doesn't seem too worried about it.  She basically says to pick our battles.

No comments: