Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kyla's Preschool Graduation

Kyla had her graduation ceremony for preschool last week.  She was super excited and had been talking about it for months.  Kyla started going to Tendercare 2 days a week when she was 3 and moved up to 3 days a week when she turned 4.  It has been wonderful, she looked forward to going each day and met some great friends there.  She has been out for less than a week and this morning she already said, "I miss Teacher Michelle.  Maybe I will still see her in stores or something."  After the ceremony, Teacher Michelle and I laughed about how lazy she was when she first started school.  Michelle said Kyla would often say she didn't want to do something because she was too tired.  Finally, Michelle asked me one day if Kyla gets enough sleep.  Sleep?  Oh yeah, my kids get plenty of sleep.  I put them down no later than 8:15 EVERY DAY.  Unless it's a holiday or something... even then, I'm not happy about it.  ;)  Well, after she found out that Kyla couldn't possibly be tired, she wouldn't let her get away with any shenanigans.  I can't believe how far she's come, she is so ready for Kindergarten.  I don't anticipate a difficult time transitioning at all.
I have to warn you, the next several posts are going to have tons of pictures.  They are big events ... graduation, vacations and 4th of July.


The kids marched in carrying pinwheels.  Kyla was so serious.


All smiles now.


The Pledge of Allegiance.


They sang several songs and boy did she get into it.  It was adorable.


More singing.


A group photo of the kids.  Aren't they all so cute?


"Slippery fish, slippery fish, sliding in the water."


After their performance, they changed into their cap and gowns.  Absolutely my favorite photo of the night.  Am I going to be in trouble with this girl or what?  I love how she is sitting, legs crossed and both boys are looking at her.  Priceless.  To make matters worse, she is boy crazy too.  Most of her friends are boys.


Waiting to get her diploma.


Woo-hoo!  Go Kyla.  I'm so proud of you little girl.


A group photo of the kids in their cap and gowns.


She blew us a kiss on her way out.  She can be so sweet sometimes.  I bet she tells me she loves me 15 times a day right now.  Yesterday she told me, "I love you just the way you are."  Melted my heart.


Good friends.


A so-so family picture.


A great one with her Daddy.


LOVE IT!


Teacher Michelle.


Teacher Marissa.


Teacher Beth.


My mom couldn't make it so she sent Kyla a stuffed animal and a flower arrangement.  Kyla said she had never gotten flowers delivered before and that she felt so special.


Congratulations, baby girl.  I couldn't me more proud of you.

No comments: