Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Babysitting

Last night we watched our 8 week old neighbor for a few hours while her Mommy and Daddy went out.  The kids were excited and talked about it all day yesterday.  M told me he was going to play Peek-A-Boo with her and K said she was going to sing lullabies to her (and she did).  They even waited outside for 20 minutes, watching for them to walk over.  K told me because she wasn't feeling well she was going to wash her hands VERY well and sing Happy Birthday 2 times so the baby wouldn't get sick.  She always sings that out loud while washing her hands so she knows she's washed them long enough.  I was a little nervous because K talked about giving the baby goldfish crackers but I was pleasantly surprised.  They were so good with her and helpful.  She was a little fussy so while I was getting her bottle ready I put her in the bouncy seat and asked M to gently bounce her.  He did but then he said, "When are you coming over here???  I'm getting worned out already!"  They did everything I asked them to ... I told the kids that I couldn't do it unless they helped me.  It sure was nice to snuggle her after the kids went to bed but I realized one thing ........ I'm NOT having any more kids.  She kept me so busy, I didn't have time to do anything with my two.  That's OK, I loved every minute of it ... I love babies but I'm done


Of course, I took photos.  He looks very comfortable in this picture but he held her for 1 minute and asked me to please take her.



K couldn't wait to give her a bottle.  That's what I love about K.  She doesn't mind doing the grunt work.  When the baby spit up, K was right there to run over and get a wipe and clean it up.  She'll help change diapers and throw them away.  Doesn't mind the dirty work at all.  She's the same way with our pets ... she'll clean out the kitty litter box, feed them, clean up after them ... whatever.  On the other hand, M was sooo grossed out by the dirty diaper.  It was pretty funny.



He kept rubbing her head and saying, "It's soooo soft, Mom."  He'll be a great dad someday.


Speaking of great dads ... what should I get Brian for Father's Day?  I can't come up with anything.



1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

You know you want another baby.... :)