Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Finally, pictures of K

Now that I'm done with my Photography Class I have more time to take pictures of what I really enjoy... my kids. This morning after I dropped M off at school, K and I went to the park. She had the cutest dress on so I couldn't resist taking some pictures. I bribed her with a Petite Vanilla Scone at Starbucks. My kids love those. Trust me these photos were not easy to get. We were in full sun and she refused to go in the shade because she was too cold. She's so sensitive to cold ... M isn't that way at all.

Love it. Doesn't she look so sweet and innocent?
This is a before and after editing picture. I learned a lot of techiques in my class and finally am starting to put them to use. Notice how bright the background is but she is too dark. Usually not much to do about that but brighten the entire picture (which blows-out your lights). Well, she showed us how to use masks. I masked off the rest of the picture and just lightened K. It helped a lot. Here's the BEFORE.

AFTER. Much better, huh?
Blue skies.

Just playing around with my camera ... and editing.

Brian's going to kill me. The other night, after putting K to bed he came downstairs with a tiara on. He 'said' M refused to let him out of her room unless he wore it. I don't think pink is his color. Yes, I made him wear it for a picture while I laughed hysterically.

No comments: