Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday to M!

M turned 5 on Sunday (Mother's Day) and instead of having a party we took Jack (his best friend) with us to Discovery Kingdom. The boys have been best friends for 2 years now and because they live in Woodland and we're in Sacramento we haven't gotten together for any playdates. The boys were on cloud nine and so much fun. Listening to their conversations just cracked me up. We heard lots of super-hero and shark talk. They giggled and acted silly. Jack is a very good boy and wasn't any problem. My kids got along better having him with us. Maybe 3 is easier than 2 (could be but I'm never going to find out). I took tons of good pictures of the boys. Jack is a huge ham. Here are a few. By the way, I'm typing on my new laptop computer. Our old computer has been sick for a while so my wonderful husband bought me a laptop for Mother's Day. I was so surprised ... I love it.


Best friends.


A rare picture of all 3.


We'd been promising M that he could go on an elephant ride on his birthday. I'd gone before so I chose to take pictures. Brian said K giggled the entire time.


My favorite picture of the day. M sure has gotten brave. They loved the swings.


Super-Hero pose.


I couldn't believe it when the boys wanted to go on the BIG pirate ship. M even kept his arms up the entire time. We laughed so hard.

You just might be a redneck if instead of cake, you have a chocolate doughnut. Here's the story ... we planned on coming home after Discovery Kingdom and having cake and opening presents but by the time we came home, it was too late. The next morning the kids were up bright and early and I wanted to sing and do candles but didn't feel like having cake at 9 am. So, because the kids love doughnuts, we put the candles in one. Make a wish.


Playing with one of his new toys. You stomp on the orange thingy and it shoots the rocket into the air. It's a good thing we have tall ceilings. Got air?

I've been super busy with company and my computer was down for a couple of days. I'll catch up on my blogging this weekend. Off to bed.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I love the donut/cake and super-hero pose that is awesome! I can't believe they grow up so fast, Happy Birthday!