Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mom's Night in M's Classroom

Last week M invited me to Mother's Night in the Classroom at his school. I wish excited to be able to go because I had to work last year. We got to the school, he showed me around his classroom a little and then we all sat down on the floor in a circle while Teacher Juana read what the kids said about us during their interviews. M said his favorite thing to do with me is play with Play-Doh. He said his favorite foods that I make are pancakes and quesadilla's (really?). When asked what he does that makes Mommy happy, he said, "clean up". He got that one right.

I had to fight back tears ... he sat on my lap and held my hand while she read to us. We shared a special moment and I realized just how fast they grow up. I should appreciate this time in our lives more.


Daddy took a picture of us as we rushed out the door.

Isn't his classroom cute? They sang a few songs and passed out roses. The party lasted about 1 hour. It was just right. I'll tell you, I love that school. He's been going there for 2 years and I've never had any problems. We drive 80 miles round-trip to take him there (3 days a week). I don't know what I'd do without them.

He was very excited and RAN over to give me the rose.


We did an arts and crafts project. See my lovely hat? We also enjoyed a tea party with (iced) tea and cookies. M served and even cleaned up after me.

I'm going to post a few pictures of the gifts I got for Mother's Day when I get time. M came home from school sick today. They called me about 9 am and said he vomited a few times. He seems a little tired now but otherwise fine. After I picked him up from school he excitedly said, "now what are we going to do?" When I told him he didn't look too sick to me, he said, "I frowed up, Mom ... really I did!"

No comments: