Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kyla's 3rd Birthday Party

K's birthday party was Saturday at The Club. I was a little worried about the weather... Friday was windy and rainy but it turned out to be a nice day. K was so excited and had been talking about her party for weeks. She helped with a little bit of the planning and shopping. We went to Party City last week to look for The Littlest Pet Shop party supplies but they didn't have any there. She was a little bummed and I was getting a little worried until we rounded the corner and she saw the My Little Pony party supplies. She screamed, "this is it, Mommy" and began jumping up and down. She repeated, "it's my birthday, My Little Pony birthday" numerous times at the top of her lungs. I wish I would have had a video camera... it was the cutest. Then she proceeded to put everything in the cart! She wanted the key chains, the blowers, the coloring books, the little pony toys... all of it. We had to have a discussion about the fact that we weren't getting everything. We had fun.

The party started with yummy food, prepared mostly by my family (thank you). The kids played in the bounce house and the park area. I bought a bubble blower which ended up being a huge hit and a pinata. Thank goodness Dylan (he's 6) was there to break open the pinata. I'm not sure what that thing was made of!! I told K that she could open her presents after the pinata so she immediately ran over there and tore one open after the candy was cleaned up. I didn't even notice until Willy pointed it out. She loved all of the presents... OK not all of the presents. She wasn't into the clothes AT ALL and refused to even look at them. Mommy is very grateful and loves them. Is she a stinker or what, I guess she is 3 years old.

Huge thank you to Dyan who took all of the pictures for me! I was able to just enjoy the party. She got some great shots. I owe you! Here are some of my favorites.


Our Birthday Girl. Is she happy or what?


I LOVE this one.


Another great one... K with Grammy and Grandpa.


Opening presents is serious business.


Cake time. She insisted on having chocolate.


I was worried she would cry like she did last year while we sang Happy Birthday but this year she it. To view the post for last years birthday click here.


She had no problem blowing out her candles.


K and her friends. Addie, her best friend from school had already left here's a cute one of the rest of the kids. This wasn't easy!


2 comments:

The Esslinger Family said...

The pictures turned out so cute! We had a great time - Happy birthday Kyla!

Diana said...

Looks like everyone had a blast. I love the pictures with Kyla and Brian and the one with your mom and sis and Kyla, she had such a great smile with that one!!!