Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fairytale Town and the MOMS Club Easter Party

The kids and I went to Fairytale Town today... the weather was beautiful and we hadn't been in a long time. It was the best time we've ever had there. For the first time, we saw a perfomance at the Children's Theater and I wasn't too sure about it but they loved it. K actually laughed out loud a few times and tried to dance along. They behaved so well... and stayed close. Life is getting simpler. I didn't even need to take a stroller in... or any supplies. Dyan told me this year would get better. M has been a champ lately. He does what I ask him to do on the first time, doesn't whine as much and is doing more on his own without being asked. He's still a bit of a bully to his sister, but I think that's pretty normal, right? Strange thing happened today. While standing in line to get in, I was making small talk with another lady in line. We talked a little while and then I realized who she looked like. Laci Peterson's Mom. You all remember her, right? Well, I finally just said to her? "Do you know who you look like... I'm sure you hear this all the time but you look just like Laci Peterson's Mom." She gave me a smile and leaned in to me and whispered, "because I am." My jaw just about hit the floor... I didn't think it was her or I wouldn't have said anything. Anyways, she was extremely friendly and we talked for a while longer. She was attending her grandsons birthday party there. Later in the day, she came up to me again and we talked a little more. I'm truly sorry for her loss. What a nice woman.

The kids have also been sweet to me. Last night before bed, K rubbed my face and lovingly said, "your face is so soft, Mommy." This morning M said, "you're cool, Mom" after I gave him his milk this morning. Those moments make all the exhaustion and worry worth it.

While reading Pinocchio to the kids before bed this evening, M and I discussed how the Blue Fairy grants wishes. He looked at me and said with the saddest voice, "how come my wishes don't come true?" When I asked what his wishes were, he said, "for fire trucks." I told him he had several firetrucks and he said, "no, to work on the fire truck!!" How cute is he. I told him I thought he needed to be able to drive first.

M did good at baseball today. He's not feeling very well so wasn't as eager as usual. Instead of running home, he skipped!


On the tractor at Fairytale Town.


Watering the plants.


M's turn.


K just being her crazy self. I absolutely can't get a good picture of her right now.


The MOMS Club Easter party at The Club. M came up to me and whispered, "that Easter Bunny isn't real, it's just a man!" I asked him how he knew that and he said, "I can see his neck." I explained that the real Easter Bunny is very busy so sometimes he has someone stand in for him because he can't make it to ALL the parties. I think he bought it. K was scared of the him until D got in the picture.


M doing the Bunny Hop while following the Easter Bunny. Look at that air!


The Easter Egg Hunt. He loved it.


She had a great time also. Wasn't in a big hurry so she only got 6 eggs.


Cutie. Mr. Photogenic.


Finally a decent one of K.


The kids being silly and having fun after the Egg Hunt. Someone put a little bunny plastic toy in one of K's eggs and she thought it was candy and tried to eat it. The other kids got a huge laugh out of that.


M is getting more use out of the Mardi Gras beads from Dyan. I came home from work to find this on my headboard, footboard and all along the banisters on the stairs!! Brian taught him how to tie this knot and he was so excited. I've had to leave them up for the last week.

Finishing Post - It's Sunday night now and I just put K to bed (at 6:50 pm). She was so grouchy and had one of the biggest fits I've seen today. She can be exhausting.

Sorry for so many pictures... as usual, I just couldn't narrow them down.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the decorating of the bed that is fabulous! I can't believe it's almost Easter!!