Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Silly Boy ...

I just couldn't resist posting this. I was working on the computer last night when M came out of the bathroom giggling. I turned around and he was wearing my bra and saying, "look at me, look at me!" Luckily, I had my camera right on the computer desk so I snapped this shot. Definitely not technically good but absolutely hilarious.

Va-va-voom!

I took K to daycare today to spend some alone time with M. He says he never gets it so I am making a point to do that more frequently. We had a great time. We started out by getting a donut after dropping K off. To my kids, this is a huge treat (we eat junk food a lot but not usually donuts) so I always make a big deal over it. Then we went to Target ... we have 2 birthday parties to go to Saturday and we had to get a present for one of them. We must have spent 1 hour in Target, just looking and talking. We headed home for a little while because I had some phone calls to make and then went out again, ran a few more errands and had lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory. I knew he'd love to eat in the trolley (and he did). Afterwards we picked up pictures for my photography class and went to the library. We read books, played games on the computers and checked out a ton of books which he was so excited about. He can't believe that they're free.

Brian and I had an eventful night last night (in the bedroom but not what you'd think ... ha, ha). The light burned out in the Laundry Room and before going to bed Brian accidentally hit a wrong button while setting the house alarm. We cancelled it right away, brushed our teeth and got in bed. About 5 minutes later my mom called (from Mexico - she's on a cruise) and said the alarm company called her and said our fire alarm was going off. I reassured her that we were fine and Brian said, "oh, man, I think I hear the engine coming". I quickly hung up the phone and ran downstairs to see 3 firefighters, complete in their turn-outs, ringing our doorbell and shining flashlights in through the window. Roscoe began to bark like crazy. I opened the door and apologized numerous times for the accident... they laughed and said they were in the middle of watching a good movie when the call came in. At least now I know the thing works and hunky men will come to my rescue if I push the button. Oooops, I should tell the guys at Brian's work about that one! Dyan had a good point. My kids both slept through this entire thing. I don't think smoke alarms would wake these two up.

Interview with M. I asked him these questions today while we were out at lunch.

Favorite Food - PB & J
Favorite Snack - Ice Cream
Favorite Book - The Cat in the Hat
Favorite Song - "I Wanna Jump and Fly" by The Laurie Berkner Band. We LOVE all three of her CD's. Run out and get them.
Favorite places to go - The Train Museum and Discovery Kingdom
Favorite Color - Blue by a landslide
Best Friend - Jack

I decided to continue our interview on our way to pick K up and I guess he just wasn't in the mood. He's kind of grouchy in the afternoon like me. I am a real grouch from 3-5 in the afternoon. I said, "M what makes you really happy?" He looked and me and said, "nothin!"

I've been busy working on my Final Portfolio for my Photography Class. It is supposed to be a collection of at least 10 images on one subject matter... something you enjoy photographing or that has meaning. Some people chose serious work - documentary photography but I wanted to shoot something less heavy. I chose to photograph butterflies (my moms idea). There is a huge butterfly exhibit at Discovery Kingdom so my loving husband took me there and watched the kids for two hours so I could shoot. I loved every minute of it (taking photographs), in fact, I can't think of anything I'd rather do (other than spending time with my family - of course). They have to be taken in Manual Mode, Manual Focus and she does allow some editing although I didn't touch mine. I don't have the eye for adjusting color like my professor does. I'm not sure she'll like the collection - she's not really the happy photography type but I don't care. Not to toot my own horn or anything but I have to say, I'm proud of how they turned out. I love 8 or so of them but I have to have 10 so there will be 2 that are so-so. I have to mat them and put them in an art portfolio to show to the class. Here are a few. If photography doesn't interest you, these will be very boring.

My favorite. Love it.


My second favorite.


M's favorite is the brown butterfly because he found it for me.


Picasa (the collage program) crops these a little and I'm not sure I like how they did it. The real photographs look better (as far as composition).


Least favorite is on the bottom right. It was hard to get the butterflies to land, especially close to me.

Sorry for the long post. Off to pack M's lunch.
Melissa

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

I apparently have been slacking at looking at the blogs. I love the new background and new picture of the kids!! Those butterfly pictures are awesome, you did a great job, My favorite is the green one because I don't think I have ever seen one that color!