Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Morning and K's Official Birthday

WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD.

I am so behind on my blogging. My photography class has been keeping me so busy.

The kids woke up early on Easter... no different than any other day but instead of laying in bed and watching morning cartoons, they ran downstairs because my family was in town and they wanted to see them. No snooze Phineas and Ferb for me. By the way, have you ever watched that show? It really is funny.


Here they are digging through their Easter Baskets. K's mouth is wide open.


Chocolate Bunny, no make that duck time. Ouch, my ear!!


A cute picture of K.


Brian let the kids help make breakfast. K's working on the pancakes... one of her favorite things to eat.


Mike and Carol (Brian's Parents) got M a cute monkey spatula and animal shaped pancake molds. They turned out so cute... the kids had a blast with it. This is the elephant one.


K's turn to flip.


Hunting Easter Eggs in the backyard. Of course, M found most of them and wouldn't let K get any. She was so frustrated. Bummer being the youngest sometimes.


She got her pretty new dress from Lacie for her birthday.


Easter morning, we all sat outside and had our coffee. M was riding around on his Spiderman Scooter... eventually my niece, mom and sister had to give it a try. I HAD to get my camera out. My family is crazy. Hilarious.

Tonight is the last night K's going to bed with her beloved "fie"... aka pacifier. We've been talking about taking it away for a year now and because she just turned 3, it's time. We've told her for a few weeks that the "Fie Fairy" will be coming after she turns 3 and we set the date for tomorrow. Our plans are to box up the "fies", set them on the porch and have the fairy pick them up to give to all the little babies. The fairy will leave a little toy or something, a balloon bouquet and scatter fairy dust (glitter) around on the porch. Do you think it will work? We absolutely can't give in ... I think we're in for a rough few days. Tomorrow night if it's bad, Brian and I can sleep in shifts but I work Saturday evening so he's going to have to do it by himself. She's NEVER gone to sleep without it. M said the cutest thing today. He said, "Mom, I don't think the fairy will be able to get it out of her mouth!!" Cracked me up.


K with her "fie" and her "sheepie."


As cute as she is, she is also becoming a little stinker. While she was in the bathroom this morning I could hear her screaming, "it's not working." When I went in to see what was wrong I found what appeared to be an entire roll of toilet paper in the toilet and she was trying to flush it down. She said she didn't know what happened.
Just look at her innocent face.



Another M funny. While driving to school this morning M said, "you know something... Police horses don't have lights on them ... so how do they pull cars over?" Totally out of the blue. He's something.

Today K and I went to the mall because I needed some sunglasses. I would have never pegged her to be a shopper but I think she's going to be. We walked the entire length of the mall and she still didn't want to go home. We had a great time browsing. It was just SO easy... no stroller or supplies needed. She'd walk up to something and say, "oh mom, this is so cute." We walked together hand in hand (she held it the entire time). This really is the cutest, sweetest age. She REALLY loves me ... she tells me and shows me often. She rubbed my arm a few times, smiled at me and said, "your arm is sooooo soft, Mommy." I told her what a good time I had while we were walking to the car and she said, "just girls, no boys!"

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

We LOVE Phineas and Ferb. Comcast on Demand every morning we watch it too! Good luck with the pacifier! I think with the whole "Fairy idea" she might be okay - keep us posted.