Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Take me out to the ball game...

Go huskers.

I was able to go to M's game today for the first time. (I worked the last 2 Sundays we were home). He made me so proud. What a difference from when he played soccer. I think he was just too young then... had just turned 3. It surprised me how much he pays attention to what Coach Dave says and tries his best. He loves the hitting part and today he also did really well at getting in front of those grounders. Today the wind was howling and blowing sand in our eyes so they decided to move the game over to the grass (my eyes are still burning from all the sand). I was concerned because 30 minutes prior to the game I accidentally closed a window on his finger and he said he didn't think he could play. I mean hard too - why did he put it there? Then we went outside to practice a little and he whined about how windy and cold it was. I gave him a talking to on the way there about how Major League players are out there rain or shine and they don't complain. Seems like he really enjoys it and he is smiling the entire time. I loved every minute. He asked me to go out on the field like Brian does to help but I said I wouldn't know what to do so I would sit in the stands and cheer for him. He told me not to yell "go M or go huskers" or anything like that but said it was OK for me to give him a thumb's up. He's growing up so fast. Thank goodness Dyan watched K for me today... she would have been miserable in the wind.


Brian chose the number 22. That was our dear friend Matt's hockey number who died 3 years ago in a motorcycle accident. M wore it proudly. He doesn't have a bottom does he?


He's ready.


Coach tells the kids to do "alligator hands" to stop the ground balls.


Big throw.


He hit the ball near short-stop on the first swing... then forgot to run he was so surprised. Luckily he got on base anyways and eventually made it home.

I got an interesting phone call last night from my credit card company wanting to verify recent activity. What? Turns out someone tried to use my credit card number 2 days ago for $1700 purchase from a place called Tactical but luckily it didn't go through. My card is still in my purse and I hardly ever use it so where did they get my number? Kind of freaked me out and I told them to quickly close my account.

Off to watch Desperate Housewives. It's getting good again. Brian's working OT tomorrow. Bummer.

No comments: