Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Photography Class

Well, I went to class last week and was informed that she was giving everyone 2 weeks for one of the biggest creative/photo assignments we'll have. The problem is... I'm not going to be there in 2 weeks (vacation in DC). I'll miss the critique and can't make that up but I need to turn in the assignment BEFORE I leave. I have been seriously stressing about this. Brian let me go to work early and scout around for photo ops on Saturday and Sunday. He also came up with some of the ideas and took me to a fire apparatus junkyard to snap pictures (while driving 2 fussy, whining, loud kids around). Thanks. The assignment was to take pictures of 10 scenes. Each scene should be as close as possible to using one major color...about 90%, though it can have many shades of a single color. Each of these images should be a "found" scene in real life, not fabricated. She wanted several "layers" for lack of a better word. Some of these aren't great but I had a time crunch and it was hard to come up with ideas/places/time. It didn't really matter what I photographed... it was all about the color and even the sky counts. I'm sure the one at the State Capitol isn't 90% White but I love it... so I'm turning it in.


The first 6.


2 more.


Last ones.

I'll try to have time tomorrow to blog about the kids. They've said and done some crazy things lately. I also have a few more of K at dance class.

Also, these are all shot in Manual Mode... who-hoo.

No comments: