Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Woodland Christmas Parade

Saturday morning I took the kids to the Christmas Parade in Woodland. Brian worked. They had a great time. The weather was chilly but at least the sun was out. I couldn't believe how long of a parade it was. We left after 2 hours and 15 minutes and it still wasn't over. Once M realized they threw candy, he sure liked it even more. After he ran out and grabbed the first one, he looked at me and said, "this is awesome!!"

Saturday afternoon, the kids and I made Christmas Cookies. We do it every year. Other than the fighting between the kids on who gets to do the flour, sugar, butter, etc. it was a great time.

Just about every evening, the kids ask to drive around and look at Christmas lights. It's an easy and relaxing end to our very busy day.

I love this time of year.

Collecting rocks before the parade started.


Jumping with excitement when the parade started.


Cute one, huh?


I had to bribe him to let her hug him.
(He loves it, can't you tell by the forced smile?)


K did this anytime something loud went by... or even just in case.

M said his favorite part of the parade were the cowboys. You know, the cowboys on horses that pretend to be shooting. K said she liked the ballerina's and the horses. AND the candy of course.


Cookie time.


We used this instead of rolling them out. I loved the look of them but it takes a long time to push the cookie dough into all the holes. The kids liked doing it though... reminded them of Play-Doh.


He really did use the mixer.


The time we've been waiting for... time to eat them.


She did this each time we turned the mixer on.
On a side note, this is me every night by about 8 pm!!

M funny. The other day the phone rang and it was of course downstairs and I was upstairs. M and I started running down the stairs when all of a sudden he gave me a funny look and said, "no need to panic mom. We'll get it!"
More later.

No comments: