Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crafts - Don't look grandparents & family

We enjoy doing craft projects together now that K is a little older and can participate too. We usually make Christmas presents for the family (from the kids) because they are so much more meaningful than anything store-bought. The grandparents have all the pajamas they need!! I got a great idea this year from Family Fun Magazine. All Mommy's should have a subscription to that magazine (or at least take a look at their website). We made Monogrammed Key Chains using Sculpey Clay (Polymer Clay) that hardens after you bake it. M liked the glow in the dark of course. The kids were able to do most of the project themselves using our Play-Doh supplies. I am excited about how these turned out and can't wait for everyone to see them. Pictures will be at the bottom of this post so don't keep looking... you'll ruin the surprise. You can look at the next 4 pictures.


A horrible self-timer picture but at least we're all in it. I'm already in my jammy pants.
We're making Christmas door hangers.


K loves snowmen.


M is working on a reindeer door hanger. (K calls reindeer "Bambi's")


M and I worked on this one while K was in preschool.
I don't think she wouldn't have been much help!
M loves snowglobes so we had a great time making this one.

CLOSE FAMILY
DON'T LOOK ANY FURTHER UNTIL AFTER CHRISTMAS.


M... hard at work.


K enjoyed playing with the clay.


Bake for 15 minutes.


Here they are. These are for their teachers.
You can do whatever you want to the clay. I chose to keep it simple and use letter stamps so the kids could do the project themselves.
Here's the link for the instructions.


I bought white paper bags and had the kids decorate them to use as gift bags. K liked this more than making the key chains. She is obsessed with coloring and asks if she can do it about 3 times a day.


Our artist.


Made with love by the kids.

Off to bed.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

That is so cute! I love how much you get your kids involved, I can't wait till my boys are a little older!