Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Decorating our tree

M was sure into decorating the tree this year. He loved it. I'd say he hung the majority of our ornaments and we only lost two. Of course, they were 2 of the special ornaments. One of them he made for Brian last year (a clear ornament that he had colored on with glass markers) and one of them was his special ornament from last year... a snow globe penguin. During the decorating he was so excited. Not only did he get up on the ladder and do most of the tree, he helped me hang all the stocking holders and stockings, set up my village with the lighting and put out all of the other decorations. I hope he stays like this. K enjoyed looking at the ornaments and getting them out for us but only put 1 or 2 of them on the tree. She enjoyed the christmas music and all of us being together.

I've got a cold. My nose is completely plugged up. Brian's on a 72 hour shift so I'm in for a long haul. Luckily my moms coming up tomorrow for 2 nights. That helps so much. M has his Christmas Program at school tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes... last year he got stage fright and ran off the stage crying. (see pictures below)

This will be a short post because in a few minutes I'm hoping to be in a Nyquil induced coma!! I've got it all, the sniffling, sneezing, cough, stuffy head... etc. (remember the commercial?)


Last year.
Here he is, starting to get upset.


Last year.
The tears start and he wants off the stage... badly.


Brian and M - teamwork as M always says.


Even more teamwork. I love it when they actually get along.


How about this one?


My turn to decorate.


K and M.
Admiring the ornaments. See, look at M's face. He loves it.


K gets them ready for M and he hangs them.




Seriously, how does that stuff clear out your nose so quickly? I feel better already, but drowsy.
Goodnight... Melissa.

1 comment:

The Esslinger Family said...

Oh my! Your tree is huge! It looks awesome! I love how your kids are helping decorate.